1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shirt and Tie

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by shak, Apr 18, 2010.

1. shak

shak Member

2. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Distinguished Member

and my date a a purple dress, so i need a purple tie to go witrh it so we match [​IMG]

What colour shirt would go well with this?

Cheers

why does your tie have to match your date's purple dress? if there's one thing I wouldn't do it's wear the same colors as my date. perhaps wearing a color that compliments your suit and her dress would suffice?

3. GioDion

GioDion Member

why does your tie have to match your date's purple dress? if there's one thing I wouldn't do it's wear the same colors as my date. perhaps wearing a color that compliments your suit and her dress would suffice?

Agreed. Why not just wear a crisp white shirt and simple black tie?
    If you MUST color-coordinate, instead of white, go with a really really light lavender maybe.

4. Matt S

Matt S Senior Member

I'm with the others that you shouldn't match with the shirt and tie. I second the recommendation for a white shirt and black tie. The only place to coordinate is with a pocket square.

5. Bexhill

Bexhill Well-Known Member

Red, Yellow and Blue ties are considered conservative. Purple, Pink or Green well... [​IMG]

I would advise you to pick a white shirt, perhaps a red or a blue tie and a white handkerchief, your date will (I'm certain!) think that you look lovely. [​IMG]

6. CarlosCamposNYC

CarlosCamposNYC Member