• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shirt and Tie Advice

spokebe

Reaction score
I'm wearing this 3 piece suit for my wedding in a couple of weeks. Was going to wear a white shirt (spread collar) with no tie. But now I'm having second thoughts.

Any advice?

IMG-20180829-WA0001.jpg

Stuart Midgley

Reaction score
It's certainly a notable piece. Does it fit your personal style? That's the most important question I think.

Other considerations may also be 'Will my wife-to-be kill me if I wear this' and 'Will I be happy wearing this in my wedding photos in 20 years time?'.

Also 'Will this fit with the venue?' is important. If you're having an Anglican high church service then it might be a little over the top. If you're getting married at Burning Man then it might be too conservative (although if you wore it without any pants you might fit right in).

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends what your wedding theme is (if you have one), and what you're going for. That's a pretty loud suit on it's own, I'd tone it down with a white shirt and dark tie. If you're trying to stand out, then that suit sans tie says rock and roll to me.

Last edited:

Kilo11

Reaction score
I would recommend wearing a tie any time you are wearing a suit, especially when said suit has peaked lapels and jetted pockets.

Sport coats are a different story, but in my opinion, a suit should never be worn without a tie.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's