shirt alterations

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by lcordaro, May 14, 2006.

1. lcordaro

lcordaro Active Member

Its tough finding slim fitting shirts. My question is- If I find a shirt I like and it needs alterations, can I bring the shirt to a tailor or do I have to bring it to a shirt maker?

Thanks
    Larry

2. gza

gza Senior member

Most tailors should be able to take in the chest, waist, and/or shoulders of the shirt for you.

3. Matt

Matt [email protected]

why not just get them made for you?

4. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

Its tough finding slim fitting shirts. My question is- If I find a shirt I like and it needs alterations, can I bring the shirt to a tailor or do I have to bring it to a shirt maker?

Thanks
    Larry

you can have the shirts tailored. you might want to thin both the body and the sleeves.

brooks has some slim shirts. They're not really "slim" per se, but they're about 5 inches slimmer than the usual. And they fit me quite well (I'm a 42 chest, 35 waist).

lands end has "trim" and "tailored" fits, but i have no experience with them as they don't carry my size.

i heard nordstroms is now carrying a slimmer fit shirt, but have not tried them yet.

and there is always custom shirts. i'm trying lands end's program right now, will report back when it arrives..

5. lcordaro

lcordaro Active Member

Thanks for the reponses.

Larry