• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shirt advice for long arms

freedavebrown

Reaction score
I have very long arms - (37 inch or so) and I have trouble finding shirts that fit. Any advice on some nice shirts I can get that come in long sizes?

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TM Lewin shirts come in up to 38" sleeves and are very nice.

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by freedavebrown
I have very long arms - (37 inch or so) and I have trouble finding shirts that fit. Any advice on some nice shirts I can get that come in long sizes?

Try Jantzen, a made to measure tailor in Hong Kong. US$50 a pop. They do mail order as well.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, you're probably best off with MTM... I know some companies do a 35'' sleeve, but I've never encountered anything longer.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
Yeah, you're probably best off with MTM... I know some companies do a 35'' sleeve, but I've never encountered anything longer.
BB's select program is what I often use for my shirts. The turnaround time is not too long.

Lex Diamonds

Reaction score
I know thi is an old thread, but I figured it would be better to bring this one from the dead than to start a new one. I'm having the same issue with my dress shirts. I've looked at makers like Harvie and Hudson, Hilditch and Key, and TM Lewin (to name a few), and I've had no luck finding button cuff dress shirts with a 37" or 38" shirt sleeve. Is MTM pretty much my only option at this point?

Lex Diamonds

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. My neck size is a 17/17.5 depending on the shirt.

I have been thinking about taking a look at Eton shirts lately, but I've always wondered if they were worth the $150 price. Any insight on this, Mac?.

I've also gotten more into Brooks Brothers clothing lately. There is an outlet very close to my house. I will definitely have to check it out.

Mac

Reaction score
I love my Eton shirts and while I'd love to buy RLPL, too often they only come in sleeve length of 35/36" for a 17" neck which is useless for me.

I wear a 17" neck and the sleeve and half yoke length of Eton are 37 3/4"—perfect. [plug] The material is truly amazing, it doesn't crease and the MOP buttons are gorgeous. I will definitely buy a load more [/plug]

One doesn't have to buy them from the Eton website, other places often stock them for cheaper.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads