Shipton and Heneage

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rdawson808, Sep 26, 2006.

1. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

2. Bic Pentameter

Bic Pentameter Senior member

Has anyone every shopped with these guys?

http://www.shipton-usa.com/
    or
    http://www.shiptonandheneage.co.uk

I'm looking at some formal slippers/pumps. Any advice?

bob

I shopped with them 4-5 years ago and had a good experience. Shipping was fast, and the prices were good. I think I probably got the best deal I could way back then, if I would do one thing different now,I would use the fact that much of their stock is rebranded Sargents to look for the same shoes at different retailers to confirm I really was getting the best possible price.

Bic

3. Percy Trimmer

Percy Trimmer Senior member

I shopped with them 4-5 years ago and had a good experience. Shipping was fast, and the prices were good. I think I probably got the best deal I could way back then, if I would do one thing different now,I would use the fact that much of their stock is rebranded Sargents to look for the same shoes at different retailers to confirm I really was getting the best possible price.

Bic

(Almost) completely agree. Service is excellent. Some of their stock is apparently by Crockett and Jones (probably the rather superior looking ones on their French site). I have two pairs from them which are not even rebranded Sargents (save for the insoles). Good advice to shop around but the ones I have seem to be specially made for Shipton.

Trimmer

4. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

Some Shiptons were made by Grenson, some are Sargent, some are or were C&J -- they can keep switching suppliers. The same person who invented Shipton has apparently have launched a made-in-India brand called Lucknow, sold in separate stores.