Shipping to Germany

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kent Wang, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

A lot of my USPS first class shipments to Germany are getting delayed, sometimes up to a month. A few are getting lost. I suspect customs may be the culprit.

I don't have such problems with other Western European countries. Russia, South Africa, Malaysia, yes. But c'mon, Germany is supposed to efficient and lawful.

2. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

I believe they've gotten worse over the past five or so years. I'm not sure whether they're actually going missing or simply getting delayed for long periods of time. If the buyers are getting hit with customs fees, they're likely getting a slip in their box that tells them and it's possible that they're not claiming them because of that.

No idea really, just going based on my experiences. I know that FedEx, UPS, etc. all collect duty on everything. I really don't order anything that requires one of these carriers because of this.

3. Kent Wang

Some German customers are asking for the invoice taped to the outside of the box in addition to the standard customs declaration form. Seems pretty silly but I hope it works.

4. Kent Wang

We've lost so many packages that I've disabled first class shipping to Germany all together. Singapore, too. These are modern, efficient countries, what's the problem?

USPS Priority seems to be fairly reliable though it's still unclear to me how that works in the scheme of international EMS. I know USPS Express is EMS, but what is Priority exactly?

5. KingPSQ

KingPSQ Well-Known Member

It's a sad but true story. I received all of my three orders to this date. However, I have been waiting for at least 4 weeks each time. Meanwhile this has increased to around 6 weeks. All of which the parcel is located at the customs for declaration and is also untrackable.
    Usualy after six weeks you get a letter from the customs office in which you are aked to collect it in person. To obtain the goods, you need to carry an invoice with you on which they base the toll fee.
    Two thimgs I don't understand:
    What do they need the invoice for if the customs are already declared on the parcel itself? (maybe they need to double-check)
    How can it take 6 weeks to send a letter to the recipient of the parcel (clearly, nothing else happens in that time span. Neither do they calculate your fees, nor do they open the package)

6. textpassgots

textpassgots New Member

me too,I really don't order anything that requires one of these carriers because of this.thank you
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014

7. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I think you mean Deutschland.