• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shipping beer to Australia (Cost?)

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a friend in Australia currently, and he has a birthday coming up. I was thinking about sending him a 12 pack of our local brew (can't find an international online dealer for it, and it's not in Australia anywhere).

Legalities of shipping beer aside (I'll just mark it as Barbecue sauce, or something), does anyone have any idea of the cost of shipping there? I'm getting wildly different quotes from different sources/people. So if anyone has any experience shipping ANYTHING around 10lbs to Oz, your experienced advice is welcome.

Also, if there's a better sub-forum for this, let me know.

Cheers

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Make sure it isn't locally available - there aren't many specialty beers you can't get somewhere in Oz.

Shipping will be ridiculously high and will take months at the cheapest rate (they don't call it seamail anymore).

You will have to declare that you are sending a pressurized liquid (but you could list it as a soft drink, I guess). If Australian customs inspect it, it may get destroyed or your mate may have to pay alcohol excise duty - which will be a hassle filled trip to the customs office at the airport or maybe seaport.

It's definitely doable, though for the reasons above I usually send easier stuff home. If you do try it, please post here on how you go.

jobro

Reaction score
Duties are covered by the receiver, so you need to inform your buddy they will need to pay the invoice before the shippment is realeased from customs. It might slip through though. I just bought 18lb worth of stuff and it cost $110 to ship with UPS to Perth. With tracking. Tracker is here. It says it was shipped by UPS Worldwide ExpeditedÂ
00ae.png
Australia thread is here. Might be the best place to ask.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads