• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shibumi Firenze classic accessories & bespoke tailoring - official affiliate thread

Tamago

Reaction score
I ordered a tie on Sale, with 58" spec. Turns out it is almost 2 inches longer :(
I can live with that with a larger knot instead of 4-in-hand. But noticing the same spec is also marking on order on other Sale ties. Perhaps you may want to take the chance and review.

Otherwise the quality is absolutely perfect. Shipping is also quick considering worldwide shipping.
I am thinking of getting a bespoke one - so I can get a best suit length. :D

Braddock

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I ordered a tie on Sale, with 58" spec. Turns out it is almost 2 inches longer :(
I can live with that with a larger knot instead of 4-in-hand. But noticing the same spec is also marking on order on other Sale ties. Perhaps you may want to take the chance and review.

Otherwise the quality is absolutely perfect. Shipping is also quick considering worldwide shipping.
I am thinking of getting a bespoke one - so I can get a best suit length. :D
First of all, thanks for your order and I'm glad you like the quality! I'm pretty surprised of the length you received and very sorry about that. That definitely shouldn't happen and maybe you've just received the wrong tie (not our standard length) and instead you might received our special longer length. Please send me a pm here, of course we'll exchange that tie for you. Btw our tie length doesn't relay on sale items or not. You should always receive the correct length that you ordered.

LuxLemon

Reaction score
@Braddock I am considering the chocolate grenadine tie with a three piece midnight navy suit for my own wedding next month.

1) What do you think of this combination? Are there other ties you recommend? My peak lapel width is 3.5"
2) Will this be able to get to Canada within 2 weeks do you think?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That eggplant coloured tie is one of my favourites.
What PS would you recommend with it? (If one were looking to buy that tie and a PS alongside it)

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What PS would you recommend with it? (If one were looking to buy that tie and a PS alongside it)
I have that eggplant tie and wear it frequently. I find it goes best with my PS with a yellow/orange base or lighter blues.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also found the photo I was looking for to demonstrate.

1627568422267.jpeg

Braddock

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Braddock I am considering the chocolate grenadine tie with a three piece midnight navy suit for my own wedding next month.

1) What do you think of this combination? Are there other ties you recommend? My peak lapel width is 3.5"
Chocolate grenadine looks definitely great with any navy suit. However our silver grenadine would be more formal and is one of our most popular wedding ties:

https://shibumi-firenze.com/ties/grenadine-plain/2/grenadine/garza-piccola-tie-silver-self-tipped

But if you're looking for a tie, that you can wear also afterwards in daily life, chocolate grenadine will be a better choice (both, grossa and fina). Shipping to Canada takes 3 business days, so no problem at all.

Braddock

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think that tie goes well with many pocket squares, but from our current collection I would recommend these three:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would suggest there are better options available. Though I love them for all situations, glen plaid and checked ties are excellent for weddings. Some awesome Shibumi options below.
1627580463463.png

1627580471266.png

1627580484243.png

If you're set on grenadine, I'd echo @Braddock and his suggestion of the silver Piccola. It is beautiful visually, and knots like a dream. I prefer piccola, but, if going grossa, the Elephant grey would also be a good choice. If you do go for the brown, you'll get plenty uses for it down the road, but I would consider it a suboptimal choice for a wedding.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think that tie goes well with many pocket squares, but from our current collection I would recommend these three:

Did the ukiyo-e but.... i forgot my sf discount code. Fuck.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.