• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shibumi Firenze classic accessories & bespoke tailoring - official affiliate thread

Braddock

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Braddock any chance we can get a little sneak peak of some of the new spring/summer fabrics coming? Would help with planning for the tie budgeting. :cool2:
The first arrivals from our spring/summer collection (only woven ties) will be available during next week, a bigger batch will be released end of February and all printeds will be launched during March. I can post a few first previews on Friday, I guess. :)

Jazzthief

Reaction score
@Braddock Are there any plans to update the bespoke tie fabric selection with additional ancient madder fabrics? The current small selection has been there for quite a long time while the ready collection gets updated with exquisite ancient madder ties all the time.

Artserg

Reaction score
@Braddock hello! I have a problem with my order number 24836. Two weeks has passed since I have made it, but still I have no shipment confirmation, nor any reply for two emails I sent to customer support. Could you please help me with the order

Braddock

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Braddock Not sure when the website updated, but I love the new layout!

Thank you very much! Glad to hear that.
@Braddock Are there any plans to update the bespoke tie fabric selection with additional ancient madder fabrics? The current small selection has been there for quite a long time while the ready collection gets updated with exquisite ancient madder ties all the time.
We're planning to make a rather big update on our whole bespoke collection in early summer. I'm happy to hear thoughts from everyone what kind of fabrics, colors, designs... we should add!

@Braddock hello! I have a problem with my order number 24836. Two weeks has passed since I have made it, but still I have no shipment confirmation, nor any reply for two emails I sent to customer support. Could you please help me with the order
I'll have a look into that and get back to you asap.

Jazzthief

Reaction score
We're planning to make a rather big update on our whole bespoke collection in early summer. I'm happy to hear thoughts from everyone what kind of fabrics, colors, designs... we should add!
Shibumi Firenze seems to have a somewhat minimalistic style for ties - a lot of floral foulard. The larger patterns are reserved for madder ties, but they tend to have similar patterns. I very much like them all, but if my additional preferences were to be taken into consideration then I would like to see more "fun" and "bold" patterns for silk ties - something more unorthodox.

The boldest example would be the following. I love these ties and it would be great to see at least a few of very bold ties like this.
3.jpg

More traditional bolder ties. These are more fun because of the colours as they incorporate more contrast, but in a still tasteful way.
5.jpg

These are madder ties, but they once again have more colour to them. I would very much like to see a yellow silk tie with a nice non-foulard pattern.
14.jpg

Something abstract.
10.jpg

And finally, more interesting patterns and colour combinations for silk stripes.
8.jpg

I very much like the current selection, but I sometimes feel that there is not enough distinction between different patterns. I will present a example below from the ready-to-wear collection where I find that six ties look way too similar. A lot of the patterns in the bespoke cloth selection have the same thing going on where there are several patterns that essentially look the same with only minimal difference in colour or some small details.
20.jpg

Bespoke selection should have more variety to it in my opinion. My very personal preference would be to see more of these "fun" and "bold" patterns for silk ties. I do not have much quarrel with the wool and cashmere ties as I think they are great.

Shibumi Firenze is definitely my favourite tiemaker. I only have one bespoke tie from Shibumi, but it is by far the best tie I have - loads better than any Drake's tie that I have and that cost much more. The fabric and quality of construction is sublime and I really need shorter ties for high rise trousers, and Shibumi bespoke can offer this option.

Just my thoughts on the possible fabrics that you could incorporate!

Last edited:

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Braddock I'd like to see more of the motif stuff in bespoke. I have a kyoto Crest, a gion, and a giglio - would have gotten all bespoke if it had been an option.

Also - I'd like to see each option in rhe bespoke section have a zoomed out / makeup picture. I've been reticent to order some before when only a swatch was pictured as it makes scale harder to judge.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
A lot of your navy ties are a lighter navy. I think a darker navy is much easier to wear. I know this sounds nitpicky, but I think this makes a big difference. I have a navy tie from you, and it is very nice--beautiful and superbly made--but it is not quite as versatile as it would be if it were darker.

In general, I would like it if your ties were a bit less saturated. I like darker, less saturated ties, mainly in navy, green, and maroon, charcoal, and black to a lesser extent.

Repp stripes are also nice. I know you have some, but I would prefer a slightly more traditional palette.

Daraven

Reaction score
Shibumi Firenze seems to have a somewhat minimalistic style for ties - a lot of floral foulard. The larger patterns are reserved for madder ties, but they tend to have similar patterns. I very much like them all, but if my additional preferences were to be taken into consideration then I would like to see more "fun" and "bold" patterns for silk ties - something more unorthodox.

The boldest example would be the following. I love these ties and it would be great to see at least a few of very bold ties like this.
View attachment 1558927
More traditional bolder ties. These are more fun because of the colours as they incorporate more contrast, but in a still tasteful way.
View attachment 1558928
These are madder ties, but they once again have more colour to them. I would very much like to see a yellow silk tie with a nice non-foulard pattern.
View attachment 1558929
Something abstract.
View attachment 1558930
And finally, more interesting patterns and colour combinations for silk stripes.
View attachment 1558931

I very much like the current selection, but I sometimes feel that there is not enough distinction between different patterns. I will present a example below from the ready-to-wear collection where I find that six ties look way too similar. A lot of the patterns in the bespoke cloth selection have the same thing going on where there are several patterns that essentially look the same with only minimal difference in colour or some small details.
View attachment 1558932

Bespoke selection should have more variety to it in my opinion. My very personal preference would be to see more of these "fun" and "bold" patterns for silk ties. I do not have much quarrel with the wool and cashmere ties as I think they are great.

Shibumi Firenze is definitely my favourite tiemaker. I only have one bespoke tie from Shibumi, but it is by far the best tie I have - loads better than any Drake's tie that I have and that cost much more. The fabric and quality of construction is sublime and I really need shorter ties for high rise trousers, and Shibumi bespoke can offer this option.

Just my thoughts on the possible fabrics that you could incorporate!
None of these really fit with the Shibumi aesthetic though imo at least judging by the name and past collections.

Jazzthief

Reaction score
None of these really fit with the Shibumi aesthetic though imo at least judging by the name and past collections.
I quite agree, but I think that the stripes would fit Shibumi's aesthetic and the more colourful ones would be suitable for madder ties. The matter with several patterns that are basically the same still stands.

Braddock

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your input! Always great and interesting to hear your thoughts! We'll definitely consider some of your ideas for the reconstruction of our bespoke tie section. I guess we can update the whole bespoke section in June/July.

Braddock

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey @Braddock any chance we could get a preview of new fabrics
that are coming for S/S?
Here are some scans of small swatches that are in production right now to give you an idea. Fabrics are ready and the ties will be ready and online end of this Month. Printed silks will be ready end of April.

Attachments

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 32 15.2%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Carmina

Votes: 31 14.8%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 71 33.8%