• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shibumi Firenze classic accessories & bespoke tailoring - official affiliate thread

CyclingTex

Reaction score
How much wider does 9cm when wearing compared to 8cm?

I have several 8cm from shibumi and generally like the width and taper. I am considering the 9cm for the added length because 140cm is not long enough to expose the back blade. I am about 6 foot tall. But I am worried the 9cm might be too wide for my taste. I've read that the way tie are tapers makes a massive difference in appearance compared to actual width measurement. Would love to hear thoughts from anyone who went with 9cm. Thanks.

Spurious

Reaction score
Are you no longer getting any gloves? I am a big fan and was looking forward to this season's colors.

Braddock

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How much wider does 9cm when wearing compared to 8cm?

I have several 8cm from shibumi and generally like the width and taper. I am considering the 9cm for the added length because 140cm is not long enough to expose the back blade. I am about 6 foot tall. But I am worried the 9cm might be too wide for my taste. I've read that the way tie are tapers makes a massive difference in appearance compared to actual width measurement. Would love to hear thoughts from anyone who went with 9cm. Thanks.
Probably this helps you:
Shibumi (samurai?) square. Really enjoy this one. @Braddock i’d love to see more cream based wool/silk (or that cashmere/modal blend for S/S) squares in the future, especially if they could be slightly more eggshell/white leaning in hue.
View attachment 1486987
There are some more in the making for next season. :)

Are you no longer getting any gloves? I am a big fan and was looking forward to this season's colors.
We ordered new gloves for this winter, but unfortunately due to the corona situation a lot of factories got huge delays in production, so we decided to cancel the order. Otherwise we would have received them too late. However, we might have some few left in the showroom. Anything particular looking for?

A recent purchase from their anniversary sale:

View attachment 1500774
Looks great! Nice contrast with the bright suit.

Braddock

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A lot of new ties, pocket squares, masks and socks are online.

Don't forget our Black Friday discount: 20% off on all orders above 200€ until Sunday, 29th November. Checkout code: BLACKFRIDAY

Attachments

Spurious

Reaction score
We ordered new gloves for this winter, but unfortunately due to the corona situation a lot of factories got huge delays in production, so we decided to cancel the order. Otherwise we would have received them too late. However, we might have some few left in the showroom. Anything particular looking for?
I think the only color I don't have that you've carried at some point in the past is red (and black, but I have the regular black leather ones).

I have:
  • Honey
  • Brown (not sure what the color is called, were my first pair, but between Honey and Espresso color-wise)
  • Espresso
  • Navy
  • Forest Green

Colors I'd be interested in:
  • the aforementioned red
  • wine/burgundy
  • purple
  • light grey
  • dark grey
There is no made-to-order possibility for the gloves, right?
My girlfriend would be interested as well, but she has tiny hands.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's