• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shibumi Firenze classic accessories & bespoke tailoring - official affiliate thread

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
Dear @ValidusLA,

Firstly, I am glad about your made-in-japan items that you will soon enjoy them!

Secondly, I know that your stance gentlemen is legit and understandable; I always believed that in such small operations when something in the order process is not "smooth" (items that ex-post proved to be sold out, in a different shade than the one that appears in one's site, with a small defect, etc, etc), only the owner handles these issues and frequently gives a fair (and even generous) solution. However, Benedikt (and all owners for that matter) by definition cannot be everywhere: with suppliers, clients, in trunk shows, you see my point!

Finally, although the pandemic is not to be blamed about everything, still, it aggravated the day-to-day operations of small businesses especially in heavily-heart countries such as Italy.

Best,

Dimitris

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
Dear @Camerashy,

I totally agree!

Just to put things in perspective, I am not trying to make excuses here as I am not his (or no-one's) Attorney, friend, associated, or aspired to be associated in any way! I am just trying to somehow explain why IMO these things happen.

Cheers,

Dimitris

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One man operation or not there is no excuse for not keeping the client up to date.....that’s the heart of a sound business.
Absolutely. Logistical failings aside (for better or worse, shit happens..) communication is an absolute must in my opinion. Nothing makes me feel less valued as a customer, and nothing will do more to turn me off of a company than failure to respond to inquiries in a (mostly) timely fashion.

Worth noting that I've never had any issues of the sort with Shibumi. In fact, their operations (shipping times, etc.) have improved significantly over the years :bigstar:

konoyaro

Reaction score
They responded to me as I slept. Apparently my Made in Japan items are taking longer to arrive and order will dispatch next week.
It's good to know at least one of us is getting a response. Still no word in my case.

konoyaro

Reaction score
I think if it's stuff that's listed as in stock it might not be as risky although it's a shame that @Braddock or someone else from the company hasn't chimed in on this thread yet...

ValidusLA

Reaction score
Got my items yesterday: 3 ties, 1 handkerchief, 5 pairs of socks and 2 masks.

As always, the ties are excellent. The handkerchief looks even better in person than online. Socks are good as usual.

The masks are really nice in person. I got 2 of the kimono cloth ones. At first the looked small, but they are perfect sized - and I have a huge head (7 7/8). Very comfortable tiable elastic that doesn't rip at my ears and can be easily put on and taken off.

Braddock

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm terribly sorry to all who had problems recently. Due to corona we had same issues with our bespoke/mto orders over the last few months, but finally from end of August everything will be normal again (stock products have stil been shipped normally). To everyone who still need any update on his order, please send me a message with your order number to [email protected] - I promise I'll get back to you asap and we definitely give you a compensation for the delay.

Braddock

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Shibumi Firenze turns eight today! We can't believe that we've been spending the last eight years doing what we love and getting such great feedback from our great customers. Thank you! We celebrate with 20% off everything for the next five days. Checkout code: ANNIVERSARY - Salute!

We also have a lot of new products online from our new FW2020 collection: ties, shirts, pocket squares, scarfs...More new ties will be available end of October / beginning of November. Hope you like the new collection.

Attachments

Braddock

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Some new fabrics for bespoke ties are online now including some nice vintage prints.

Attachments

Jazzthief

Reaction score
New fabrics for bespoke ties are available on the site and I must say that they look spectacular! Does not let order yet though as it says that the item is not in stock...

Also, what is the price range of Shibumi bespoke tailoring (suits, sportcoats, trousers)?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's