• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shibumi Firenze classic accessories & bespoke tailoring - official affiliate thread

Braddock

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
mrs. stro has decided that a trip to florence in early/mid december sounds like a great idea. i'm sure she will get her way, but i'm curious as to whether or not shibumi's showroom is likely to be open at all around that time. i walked past it several times without realizing it on our last trip there and i sure would like to rectify that mistake at my next opportunity.
Our showroom is open Monday - Friday from 9am - 6pm (at least, usually I stay there longer). If you wanna come on the weekend, no problem at all, just let me know and I'll make sure me or someone of our staff will be there.

Braddock

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Today is our 7th anniversary! In order to celebrate our birthday and give something back to all our great customers, we offer you guys here 20% discount on everything until Saturday! You can use the checkout code: SF20

RickyTakhar

Reaction score
Today is our 7th anniversary! In order to celebrate our birthday and give something back to all our great customers, we offer you guys here 20% discount on everything until Saturday! You can use the checkout code: SF20
Any more pictures of the navy umbrellla? Is the length the same as the solid stick umbrellas?

Contango

Reaction score
Has anyone had a tie made up in either Floral Printed Silk Bespoke Tie - Grey or Floral Printed Silk Bespoke Tie - Burgundy II and could post pictures of? Only a small "swatch" on the website for each, be interested to see how they look on a full tie. TIA!

GFox

Reaction score
Unlucky as I ordered new ties some days ago but always happy with all my purchases from Shibumi !

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On bespoke ties, can somebody speak to the "7-fold hand rolled" option? Is it a true, totally unlined 7-fold, or, essentially, a lined 6-fold?
If the former, anybody know if it's possible to request a lined 6 in lieu of a totally unlined 7? They are stunning, just not for me. I have a devil of a time tying them. I feel as though I'd need a 5" tie to make a proper knot of one.

Braddock

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any more pictures of the navy umbrellla? Is the length the same as the solid stick umbrellas?
What exactly would you lick to see? I can take more pics for you. But no, they're definitely shorter; will tell you the exact length tomorrow.

Has anyone had a tie made up in either Floral Printed Silk Bespoke Tie - Grey or Floral Printed Silk Bespoke Tie - Burgundy II and could post pictures of? Only a small "swatch" on the website for each, be interested to see how they look on a full tie. TIA!
I could take a pic of this one, as we just received one of this today: https://shibumi-firenze.com/bespoke-ties/2793/floral-printed-bespoke-silk-tie-grey-ii

But I'm sorry, I don't have a pic of the other grey one and the burgundy II.

Unlucky as I ordered new ties some days ago but always happy with all my purchases from Shibumi !
Sure, just tell me the order number.

On bespoke ties, can somebody speak to the "7-fold hand rolled" option? Is it a true, totally unlined 7-fold, or, essentially, a lined 6-fold?
If the former, anybody know if it's possible to request a lined 6 in lieu of a totally unlined 7? They are stunning, just not for me. I have a devil of a time tying them. I feel as though I'd need a 5" tie to make a proper knot of one.
Our 7-fold ties are true 7-fold ties without any interlining. In fact, inside the ties are 7-folds, but the blades we make with 9-folds if the fabric isn't too heavy.

ValidusLA

Reaction score
@Braddock - if we do the bespoke ties without the 3 or 7 fold option, do the ties come with interlining?

I just got 2 that are hand rolled no interlining and they are Beautiful But I tie prince Albert's and beat the hell out of them.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any other 100% Wool Block Stripes coming?

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I bought a new tie on Friday. I received the shipping notification yesterday morning and the tie was delivered in New York today. That’s just crazy fast. Thank you!

Texasmade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Braddock
Trying to order something off the site but it won't let me enter my credit card information for some reason.

CR78

Reaction score
So I bought a new tie on Friday. I received the shipping notification yesterday morning and the tie was delivered in New York today. That’s just crazy fast. Thank you!
I placed an order for my first Shibumi ties on Wednesday evening, and received them on Monday morning. I concur; super fast shipping.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I placed an order for my first Shibumi ties on Wednesday evening, and received them on Monday morning. I concur; super fast shipping.
So refreshing to see.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.