1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shibori

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by manbience, Apr 23, 2013.

1. manbience

manbience New Member

Introduction.
    Hello,
    I am new on here, it is the first time I have thought about fashion forums, and the first time I was thinking about looking for a forum. This is the first one I found so i have signed up. I studied fashion, and now work in the industry in a head office. Part time i have started up blogging with a few of my friends who work in the industry. I am not trying to plug the blog. But if your interested it is my username.

Anyway, why I joined is when i was at college I did a lot of research into the japanese dyeing process of Shibori.
    Basically it is a beautiful form that looks a lot more refined than tie dyeing though in essence it is quite similar..

Below i have a link to another blog (not mine) who summarise it really well.

anyway i was looking to see if any of you know anyone who has used this process on mens denim?
    I was thinking with denim trending so massively at the moment someone must have picked up on it?

http://blog.needsupply.com/2013/04/21/shibori-a-short-history/

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013