1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shelves

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Manny Calavera, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

I need shelves or a bookcase type solution. I'm running out of space and want something simple yet aesthetically inoffensive. My ideal shelving solution would be the Vitsoe 606, but I have a feeling this would be out of my price range so I haven't even thought to give Moss a call about it (if anyone does know the pricing scheme, feel free to tell me). I also need to make sure that the shelves have plenty of vertical space. I have a bunch of huge, oversize art and comic books that won't fit anywhere. As of now I have most of them set up as if I'm displaying them in a bookstore and that's definitely counter-productive to my space situation. Any suggestions are welcome with open arms.

2. MCsommerreid

MCsommerreid Senior member

If you're somewhat handy, I totally recommend grabbing some MDF (or plywood if you're a bit of a masochist and cant get veneered MDF) and building them yourself.

I just finished a 94"x36" bookcase with a total cost of around $75. Gave it a flat black paintjob, so it looks great and unobtrusive.

3. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

An Ikea evergreen: [​IMG] good to know [​IMG] Max. load 18-44 lbs depending on type of wall and fastening. Different wall materials require different types of mounting devices. Use mounting devices suitable for the walls in your home (not included). Coordinates with other products in the LACK series. Shelf: Particleboard, Fiberboard, ABS plastic, Acrylic paint Filling material: Paper Shelf support: Steel package measurements & weight

4. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

I think that's about as minimalist as it gets.