• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shell Cordovan wingtips anyone???? (pics)

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, first off not 100% sure that these are shell cordovan. I was sold these as calfskin "cordovan", but I assumed they meant the color, not the hide. I got them today and they look like they might actually be true cordovan. The shoe says nothing about cordovan/calfskin and the box only says "Cordovan", again don't know if they mean the color or the hide. Anyway, I could care less as I love the "shovel" sole on this shoes and the finishing. These things are really well made and quite beautiful (goodyear welted, rubber insert heel, real nice laces), I was never a wingtip guy and I still don't really like them but these are a staple. My pictures are not great but if anyone can tell whether they are calfskin or cordovan just for my curiosity. Also, I'd love to hear guesses as to who the maker of these shoes are. I'll just tell you that they are made in Italy (hand written inscription inside is "handwork by:" and a name), are a "limited edition" and that you'll be surprised
smile.gif
These things are realy cool!!

KIF_2335.jpg

KIF_2338.jpg

KIF_2334.jpg

KIF_2336.jpg

KIF_2337.jpg

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've got the medium brown captoe mate.
smile.gif
Very nice shoes, indeed.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Henry Boogers
haha...I saw those on the bay...they had a brown pair as well if I'm not mistaken. Gorgeous! Don't worry about me....I'm more of a bottom feeder, I seldom break the 3-digit barrier for shoes.

Yeah, I missed the brown ones but I told the seller to exhaust all means to find me a pair! BTW, take a look at the sales forum, $50 English wingtips right up your alley.

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Yeah, I missed the brown ones but I told the seller to exhaust all means to find me a pair! BTW, take a look at the sales forum, $50 English wingtips right up your alley.

If those would fit a foot that tends to fit most AE 10.5 D or E and they are calfskin....SOLD!

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice. I like the underside!

It almost looks like you have hands bigger than your feet though
laugh.gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice. I'd buy those in a heart beat if they are still available in my size.

nomovement

Reaction score
why are the soles so big? do they have air in them (a'la nike)??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads