• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shell Cordovan Wallet Pron

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I wanted to share a couple pictures of this awesome little minimalist wallet I purchased a while back from District Leather. It's called the Metro Thin Bifold and it's made out of natural shell cordovan on the exterior and green shell cordovan on the interior which go together ridiculously well if you ask me. Really really cool design on the inside with a lot of versalitily in terms of organization. The stitching is all hand done and is super even and the edge work is out of this world. Definitely one of the more unique and creative additions to the wallet collection as of late and it's definitely getting a ton of use!

View attachment 834280

View attachment 834281

View attachment 834282

View attachment 834284

View attachment 834296

Interesting design and nice pick up.

classicsaphic

Reaction score
Reverse navy Logan Card case from the very awesome District Leather. This little guy is beautifully stitched, the edges are finished like freakin' glass and the reverse side of this shell feels incredibly soft and velvety in the hand. While I never understood why you would flip shell around like this before... I can definitely understand the appeal now! This was definitely an awesome purchase! :)

IMG_7114.JPG

IMG_7074.JPG

IMG_7417.JPG

IMG_7234.JPG

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

classicsaphic

Reaction score

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've enjoyed browsing this thread and thought I'd share my first shell cordovan wallet. Got this a few days ago. A simple black sleeve wallet from One Star Leather Goods:

IMG_1890.JPG

I'm becoming something of a leather/wallet junkie, and I already want another in shell. I've especially enjoyed the postings in this thread from @Deusis (Guarded Goods), and will most likely be ordering something from you soon. I'm thinking something in green or another rare color...

Deusis

Reaction score
I've enjoyed browsing this thread and thought I'd share my first shell cordovan wallet. Got this a few days ago. A simple black sleeve wallet from One Star Leather Goods:

View attachment 863714

I'm becoming something of a leather/wallet junkie, and I already want another in shell. I've especially enjoyed the postings in this thread from @Deusis (Guarded Goods), and will most likely be ordering something from you soon. I'm thinking something in green or another rare color...

Great looking first wallet! One Star makes some great stuff.

Thanks for the kind words! Let me know whenever you're interested. Shoot me an email and we can figure out something fun/unique/rare!

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been awhile! Figured I'd post some recent projects.

Reverse Horween Violet Shell Cordovan Buckler
09hOnOS.jpg

Horween Bourbon Shell Cordovan Exterior and Dark Green Shell Cordovan Bulwark
fz9FoTv.jpg

pR7Y3Gy.jpg

Horween Bourbon Shell Cordovan Warden
CgwogJo.jpg
kgp0Che.jpg

evening sir,

shot you a note over on reddit a bit ago.. I'm looking for something to hold business cards that wont flex at all (and bend the cards, like a back pocket wallet).. any ideas?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Natty wallet and natty chukkas from AE:

69301895-78D5-4777-AC28-93023ABC3504.jpeg

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words! Let me know whenever you're interested. Shoot me an email and we can figure out something fun/unique/rare!

No problem! I'll email you sometime after the holidays for a wallet project. :)

For now, I've just placed an order on your website for a shell cordovan watch strap in Horween Dark Cognac. I suppose I should have asked this before ordering, but is 'Dark Cognac' your darkest brown shell leather? I'm thinking (and hoping) it's this one:

IMG_0287.JPG

And first one on the left in this pic:

IMG_0281.JPG

Pics are from your website. Are these straps I've identified indeed Horween Dark Cognac? If not, what are they?

Thanks!

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ Hmm, upon further thought, those really dark brown straps might be Color #8. Which Horween shell is typically darker, Color #8, or Dark Cognac?

@Deusis , can I change my order to whatever those darkest brown straps are that I've pointed out in my above post? My order number is 3573. :) (Unless I was right all along, and Dark Cognac is the darker brown...)

Edit: Sent you an email!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads