• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shell Cordovan Wallet Pron

classicsaphic

Reaction score
Looks like some of the posters here have a few of the Ashland wallets. I'm curious as to what people think of them after they have some wear. I ordered the Johnny the Fox, in 100% black shell with reverse interior.

Every single wallet I have purchased from Ashland Leather has held up great--and if you ever have an issue with yours Phil would be more than happy to fix it up for you! Rest assured you are in good hands my friend!

DavidLeigh

Reaction score
To Classicsaphic, that JMA mini wallet looks fantastic! You know I just got my JMA pocket wallet. Loving it!!

DavidLeigh

Reaction score
To Classicsaphic, the burgundy JMA looks like my Ashland Tony the Ant in Shell 4! Very nice!!

Deusis

Reaction score
This is probably one of my favorite wallets I've made in awhile. The exterior is made from Horween glazed natural shell cordovan. The interior is made from a fairly rare marbled green/tan shell cordovan. I tried to mirror the bottom slots as best as I could which turned out great. This is hand stitched with waxed Japanese thread.

Exterior

Interior

Matty123

Reaction score

This is probably one of my favorite wallets I've made in awhile. The exterior is made from Horween glazed natural shell cordovan. The interior is made from a fairly rare marbled green/tan shell cordovan. I tried to mirror the bottom slots as best as I could which turned out great. This is hand stitched with waxed Japanese thread. Exterior Interior
Nice Job. PM'd you about my watch strap

dfwcowboy

Reaction score
Every single wallet I have purchased from Ashland Leather has held up great--and if you ever have an issue with yours Phil would be more than happy to fix it up for you! Rest assured you are in good hands my friend!

I got it today. Looks even better than the pictures. Very nice work.

Matty123

Reaction score
PSA: Massdrop.com has an Ashland Shell Cordovan wallet drop right now. $160 for color 4, natural or whiskey with a moc interior or a full shell black or color 8 with reverse interior for 200.

Matty123

Reaction score
Damn, color 8 with reverse interior is already sold out
frown.gif

damn, sorry man. i should have checked that.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah, its ok. I checked about an hour before I posted and thought that it would still be there so I could order during my lunch hour. Guess they sold quick!

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$100 off is a pretty damn good deal for the full shell models.

katch

Reaction score
Anyone have the dbl reverse fat herbie? Talk me into or out of buying one

classicsaphic

Reaction score
The drop is such a great deal! I was so torn between natural and color 8 but ultimately went for full shell because the deal was just too good to pass up. I'm very curious as to how reverse interiors age, though. Does anyone have experience with reverse interiors? I'm nervous it will just look beat to hell over time, haha.

Last edited:

vinouspleasure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
back in the heyday of the B&S forum, there was a steady stream of really well-priced alligator wallets. I purchased an alligator Nieman Marcus for $75, it's served me well over the last 10 years but needs to be replaced. Current cost on the NM website is > $500, so I'm thinking shell is the way to go.

looks like current forum favorites include ashland and chester mox. I also found a reference to angelos leather, these look pretty nice to my eye:
http://angelos-leather.blogspot.com/

Any other suggestions?

best,

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads