• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shell Cordovan Wallet Pron

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

would love the middle wallet with 6 credit card slots, but not at ~$700. work of art though

hkpm

Reaction score
Recently got 3 cordovan wallets, 2 from Ashland Leather, 1 from Gore Range Leather co.
Both Phil@Ashland Leather and Rick@Gore Range Leather are easy to work with.
They both did an excellent job!

nice packaging

color #2 shell fat herbie wallet and whiskey shell louis card wallet

outside

inside, a nice big horween stamp

the inside of card wallet

the outside

gore range leather co. bi-fold in natural shell

the shell cordovan wallet family

Last edited:

SHS

Reaction score
Very nice, congrats.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Love that bifold. Are the card slots made from 2 solid pieces of leather (one on each side) or from 6 total pieces (3 on each side)?

hkpm

Reaction score
Love that bifold. Are the card slots made from 2 solid pieces of leather (one on each side) or from 6 total pieces (3 on each side)?

From what I see, should be from 6 pieces

diglett

Reaction score
What does everyone think of these:
Dark green cordovan
Loving this. I saw it on the Chester Mox site after reading the beginning of this thread, and am seriously considering buying it.

Serious question: How do retailers/manufacturers justify such high prices for these? Maybe I'm misunderstanding the cost of the shell itself, but it seems silly for a wallet to cost $400+, when Horween-sourced cordovan shoes can be had for ~$600 when buying directly from Carmina.

Edit: Also, I've only recently considered a key case/wallet, and I can't seem to find any online. Would a regular leather crafter be able to make one of these without too much trouble?

Key pouch made of cigar shell cordovan. Almost one year old.
i-jtjNFbW-XL.jpg

Last edited:

trevorplease

Reaction score
That gore range bi fold. Is it branded in anyway? Is there a horween stamp in the bill fold?

UnnamedPlayer

Reaction score
Why are people buying so many ******* wallets?

Don't wallets last for decades?
Do you move your **** between different wallets depending on mood/occassion/dress style?

hkpm

Reaction score
That gore range bi fold. Is it branded in anyway? Is there a horween stamp in the bill fold?

There is no brand name/marking on and inside the wallet.
The Horween stamp is inside the large bill compartment.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kolecho ravello shell wallet after about 4 months. Can't say that I'm all too impressed with the quality but I do get compliments on it all the time. Love the design though. Note the use of the single piece of shell for the card holders.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads