1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shell Cordovan Wallet Pron

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Crat

Crat Senior member

Found another pic. of these.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  2. ncdobson

ncdobson Senior member

Just received this Horween whiskey wallet + coin pocket from www.shellcordovan.de:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My pix make it look more orange than in real life. The URL above leads to an eBay site, but if you email the seller you can order w/o going through eBay & get a lower price w/o eBay fees (& VAT if you're outside of Europe). His eBay store lists watch bands in lots of shell colors, so you might be able to get other colors, too.

3. amdd89

amdd89 Member

4. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior member

^ Contact Phil at Ashland. He sometimes has stock not listed on site. I have the same wallet and love it!

5. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

How much is this? I have been looking for a shell wallet with coin pocket for a long time.

6. stevent

stevent Senior member

Some wallets from Japan:

This one faded to brown under display light, pretty cool to see patina
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

another green one, but it was a weird bright green in person
    [​IMG]

7. Fishball

Fishball Senior member

I just got the english cordovan sample on wed.
    Thinking to order few pcs for my shoe or wallet.

[​IMG]

Did any one of you try to use it before?

8. dibadiba

dibadiba Senior member

Didn't realize there was a wallet thread specifically for cordovan! I finished this full #8 Horween cordovan wallet for a customer not long ago; fully hand-stitched.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. jkater1

jkater1 Senior member

[​IMG]

Just picked up one of these a few weeks ago at an Alden dealer. $30 was hard too hard to pass up.

10. gsgleason

gsgleason Senior member

Is it just the card holder? Very nice.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  11. jkater1

jkater1 Senior member

Yeah, just the card holder. It has a slot on the front and back and then a bigger one on the top. I don't carry have a lot of cards so it works perfect as a light wallet for me.

12. ncdobson

ncdobson Senior member

200€ shipped to US.

13. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Nice work!

1 person likes this.
  14. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Senior member

15. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

I am looking for shell cordovan wallet with coin pocket, what choices do I have? I kind of like the eBay one posted a page back, but would like to have one that has more card slots.

16. dibadiba

dibadiba Senior member

How many card slots? Keep in mind the 'coin pocket' section typically takes up one half of the wallet, while the card slots take up the other half. If you want more card slots, it would either make the wallet larger in terms of width/height for more slots, or thicker to accommodate there being more cards on one side. Typically.

17. Stillmaticbeat

Stillmaticbeat Senior member

18. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

4-5?
    I have a Huge Boss calf wallet that has a coin pocket on one side, and 5 card slots on the other. Another Paul Smith that is slightly smaller and offer 4 card slots. 3 card slots are just too few.

19. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

I'm looking at them as well. I just searched "cordovan wallet" on that site, apparently there are Japanese tanners that produce "made in japan" shell cordovan.

20. dibadiba

dibadiba Senior member

I've worked with Horween cordovan as well as some cordovan from overseas. I like both. With that said, the Horween does feel different. If you bend it, it tends to hold its shape more and has a firmer temper, while the asian cordovan seems softer. Horween is more expensive, mostly because it's practically a 'brand name' now when it comes to leather, and people are willing to pay a premium for goods made out of it. With that said, those wallets do seem quite inexpensive. Don't buy it just because it's cordovan; be sure the inner materials and the workmanship are acceptable to you, too. A lot of brands are jumping on the cordovan bandwagon and I shake my head seeing amateur work using such a premium quality material.