Shell Cordovan Wallet Pron

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Apr 5, 2012.

1. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

Especially those made from shells that are not sourced from Horween.

2. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Maybe I'll check to see if the store will give me my $40 + tax back

3. stevent

stevent Senior member

It's a sale item, no way they should be giving you back store credit. I doubt it will be restocked. If you really wanted the wallet a few bucks shouldn't be the deciding factor for you.

4. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

I didn't imply that $40 is the deciding factor to keep or not, if you are referring to me, since you quoted myself and Jchance. I'll keep or don't keep based on need.

5. leon12

leon12 Senior member

My order from a few days ago was just updated as out of stock. If anyone wants to part with the navy/red card case, I would be interested.

6. stevent

stevent Senior member

Wasn't referring to anyone in particular but this whole mindset of asking for more is bs in the sense that you bought the item on sale. If you wanted the price to be lower, you should have waited. And given how rare these wallets are you shouldn't have been waiting if you truly wanted it.

The price error is a different story, as you were charged for something other that the item you received.

7. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

This is where we can agree to disagree. My mindset isn't bs. Whether I buy something for retail or on sale, if the price is lowered, I have the right to ask for a price adjustment. Do I expect one? No. But, I have the right, as the business has the right to say yea or nay.

Now, questioning someone's mindset is a little questionable, especially without a real basis. But hey, we are entitled to our opinions.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012

8. stevent

stevent Senior member

There's nothing wrong asking sure, but if you bought at item you should be have paid what you valued the item at and as such shouldn't even really be thinking about this after.

9. ncdobson

ncdobson Senior member

Sorry that I missed the beginning of this thread & am too lazy to read the whole thing, so I apologize if this is redundant. I just ordered a shell watch strap from a German dealer on eBay called shellcordovan_de, & I'll consider a wallet when my current wallet wears out. Here's a link to a wallet:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Horween-She...engeldbörsen&hash=item3a6eba056d#ht_500wt_713

The goods seem reasonably priced, & the materials come from Horween & Japan. I'll write back if my watch band experience isn't good.

10. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Haven't received an email yet stating that, but I did get one yesterday saying it was delayed.

11. thomaspaine

thomaspaine Senior member

I just discovered the amazingness that is BBBF cordovan wallets. How can I get one of these? I called the SF Black Fleece and was told they were recalled and don't carry them anymore.

12. chomeo

chomeo Senior member

recalled? what does that mean? I also called the SF store a couple weeks back when I started looking for one and was told that all BF wallets were sent to a "clearance" center. You may want to find out where that is and call them. they may have some left.

i received mine and have been using it. it replaces my M.A+ wallet which I sold recently.

13. chimchiminey

chimchiminey Active Member

Out of curiosity, who else sources shell?

14. PL92106

PL92106 Senior member

Marked as shipped. My lust for blue and red shell overcame my various irritations with BB.com

15. thomaspaine

thomaspaine Senior member

Just quoting the sales rep, but I assume he meant sent to clearance as well. I called customer service and the lady said she'd try to track down where they were sent and call me back. Phoned a couple of the outlets here in the bay area and none of them carry Black Fleece.