• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shearling coat thread

lawschooldropout

Reaction score
I've run a few searches but have not found much up to date information.

Can anyone recommend a maker/brand for a mid-length shearling coat? I'd prefer a trimmer fit, however, these types of coats are traditionally made in a boxy cut. Does this leave me with only the high end fashion brands to look at?

I would love to find one that costs less than a motorized scooter.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ask him.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a bespoke shearling made by Rafel shearling last year. They made two canvas fittings for me before cutting the skin. They have to modify their stock patterns but where able to make adjustments to my pattern. They make it all on site.

The Phineas Cole line at Paul Stuart has nice fitted shearlings but are $$$$. Not for a faint of heart.

lawschooldropout

Reaction score
I suppose I'm looking for a mix between these two styles:

Last seasons Oliver Spencer shearling:

and something Polo has this year:

Though I'd prefer some shearling around the cuff area. I know the Oliver Spencer coat isn't quite mid-length, but if I could find one floating around in my size I'd grab it. The Polo one is still being sold, though its still running around $1,500 on sale...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads