1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

She needs a name (my STi)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Brutus, Mar 9, 2009.

1. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

I'm sorry. I didn't realize I'd logged into the Purse Forum by mistake.

2. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I'm sorry. I didn't realize I'd logged into the Purse Forum by mistake.

FTW.

3. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

Gaius?

Hmm. Not bad.

Teh car I lay down to take pictures of?

How about the car I set the camera on the ground and take pictures of...no.

You are right, all STIs should have a name. My 2006 does. You get a huge thumbs up for not getting an EVO (has Mitsubishi won a rally recently?[​IMG] ).

Name the car after the girl in HS you always wanted but couldn't get.[​IMG]

Be ready for every idiot on the road to race you. Nobody thinks that the STI is fast until they see its tail end or drive it for themself.

What did you name your '06?
    Evo's suck.
    Don't know which HS girl I'd pick.

People do always want to race and yes no one wants to give the STi (or any WRX) the credit it's due. Well, that's what they think until they drive one. I had a friend a couple years ago continuously give me crap about my '05 STi until I let him drive it. As soon as he stopped the car he vowed never to give me crap again. All it took was a couple of minutes. He was one of those American muscle car freaks. Poor kids are so sheltered from the finer things in life.

Also--change your oil every 3,750 like the warranty states. Subaru is notorious for denying claims. If you do it yourself, document it on mysubaru.com and keep your receipts.

In Washington my dealer recommends every 3,000 miles. I'm still not convinced they have any real reason for this other than making money.

4. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

Excellent handling, but not fast.

Regards.

I think the term "quick" fits best. It's certainly not slow. You can make it "fast" with a few mods but right out of the box it's at a minimum "quick." What I like best is that it's easy speed. Almost anyone can get a ton of performance out of it because of the AWD.

5. Xiaogou

Xiaogou Senior member

Excellent handling, but not fast.

Regards.

Sure it is fast. Look at the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times...stock, compared to other cars...stock.

Handling...as most STI drivers say, "you might beat me into a curve, but you won't beat me out of it."

6. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

My STi?

7. 83glt

83glt Senior member

She might have a good suggestion.
    [​IMG]

8. Xiaogou

Xiaogou Senior member

What did you name your '06?
    Evo's suck.
    Don't know which HS girl I'd pick.

In Washington my dealer recommends every 3,000 miles. I'm still not convinced they have any real reason for this other than making money.

Name is Diem Kieu (pronounced Yeem Q), and there is a long story behind it.
    Evo's do suck[​IMG]
    Good luck with the name!

Subaru terms the STI severe duty, so the newer models might be 3k miles. My dealer will not use synthetic, so I do everything myself. The dealer replaced my turbo under warranty at 35k miles.

*edit* do not use royal purple as it does not meet all of the requirements that subaru has. For synthetic use Mobil1 or Red Line.

9. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

Name is Diem Kieu (pronounced Yeem Q), and there is a long story behind it.
    Evo's do suck[​IMG]
    Good luck with the name!

Subaru terms the STI severe duty, so the newer models might be 3k miles. My dealer will not use synthetic, so I do everything myself. The dealer replaced my turbo under warranty at 35k miles.

I was surprised to find out Subaru replaces one set of brakes within the first 36K miles. It's not like I'm buying a BMW where they have to offer free maintenance to get people to buy. Subaru's sell themselves.

Them replacing any engine parts wouldn't surprise me at all within the first 50K miles. I just got a recall notice on the engine mapping system "above red line". The notice actually says this. The most interesting thing about this is that the engine is, by default, limited at red line so you can't actually go above/into red line unless you do something to modify the way things are configured. (I haven't looked into this.) Anyways, the notice also states that if you have modified your engine mapping system to an aftermarket unit/configuration the dealer may still try to run the software update but if they are not able to complete this successfully the car owner has the option of switching out the new comp for the OEM part and returning to the dealer for a second try. That's crazy.

10. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

I change the oil in my MR2 turbo at 3k running non-synthetic.

I wouldn't worry, oil change intervals nowadays are a sham. Honda and every oil change place insists you must change the oil in a Honda at 3k running non-synthetic. My shop manual (92 Prelude frankenstein...) states 5k on non-synthetic, IIRC.

Oil changing station or the manufacturer....who would you trust?

11. briancl

briancl Senior member

Blue is a bold choice. Naming cars is a bit juvenile. The thing already has enough going against it. Just drive it and enjoy it.

12. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

^ must be an EVO owner or driver of something with a made-in-USA tag.

13. briancl

briancl Senior member

^ must be an EVO owner or driver of something with a made-in-USA tag.

I own an 07 Audi S4 Avant (6MT) and 05 Subaru STi, heavily modded for track duty. Thanks.

14. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

I own an 07 Audi S4 Avant (6MT) and 05 Subaru STi, heavily modded for track duty. Thanks.

QFT. [​IMG]

15. btinl

btinl Senior member

"The wagon"