1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shaving youre head or not?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Erickus32, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Erickus32

Erickus32 Member

I started shaving my head about 4 years ago. I shave my head every 2 days now. At the beginning i was one of the few who did it, now with movies such as xxx(starring Vin Diesel who as a shaved head) it seems like everyboby is doing it. I just started a new wardrobe that includes : Ralph Lauren etc..(i dont wish to brag here so i'll stop you get the picture.) and i am wondering if with such clothing i should continue shaving or let my hair grow back again. I must ad that to the contrary popular opinion shaving one's head is more trouble that having a full head of hair. But once you start shaving it is hard to stop. Any opinions you guy's?

2. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

It's a bit like being asked: Does my bum (butt) look big in this? Have neither seen your bum nor your shaved head. Some men can carry it off and look better with a shaved head, others sport the Paul Muni look ("I was a fugitive from a chain gang").

Shaved heads can often look somewhat sinister, particular with dark haired men. Why don't you try a compromise? Let it grow ½ inch (clipper setting two) and see people's reaction.