• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shaving your legs?

TylerDurden

Reaction score
Im going to shave my legs *GASP!* Haven't done this in a while.

There hairy as a monkey, I all ready shave my arms, I don't care what you think. I like it. If I weren't so hairy I might not do it.

Look at this guy's arm, and thats my arms and legs, guess I was blessed with extra testosterone.

3817_a_orangut.jpg

I am curious what your opinion is, It's not going to change my mind but none the less i'd like to read what you have to say.

So do you Shave your legs?

or do you

Trim your legs

or do you

Leave them hairy as an ape.

I know lots of athletes do it, im not one of them.

I'm also noticing lots of younger guys doing it, don't know why, don't really care.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm hairy; luckily not my back although a few hairs are starting to crop up!!!

I trim my arm pits (I sweat/stink less) and my happy place short and crop my chest a little bit. However, I leave my arms and legs alone. I know people who do it and unless you keep shaving it clean or, preferrably, wax it I think it looks worse when it's growing back and is all stubbly.

MCsommerreid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TylerDurden
Look at this guy's arm, and thats my arms and legs, guess I was blessed with extra testosterone.

Or you're some kinda monkey man.

Bring The Noise

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TylerDurden
Im going to shave my legs *GASP!* Haven't done this in a while.

There hairy as a monkey, I all ready shave my arms, I don't care what you think. I like it. If I weren't so hairy I might not do it.

3817_a_orangut.jpg

I am curious what your opinion is, It's not going to change my mind but none the less i'd like to read what you have to say.

So do you Shave your legs?

or do you

Trim your legs

or do you

Leave them hairy as an ape.

I know lots of athletes do it, im not one of them.

I'm also noticing lots of younger guys doing it, don't know why, don't really care.

My advice is, get some1 to professionally wax your legs
I had to shave my legs to tape my ankles, and i had so many ingrown hairs after it was gross

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to try a trim at least one time. If it doesn't itch I might make it a regular part of my grooming.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I would go for the trimming route (#3 on my beard trimmer)..

1. No serious itching, ingrowns, etc
2. No risk of someone giving you a "huh?" look after an accidental slip
3. Winter's coming up, you need the warmth! shave it in the spring

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Matt,

Grow up.

Jon.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wasn't talking to you. Butt out.

Jon.

velobran

Reaction score
I shave my legs, but I am an avid cyclist, so I have my reasons. I had reasonably hairy legs, but I don't get too many ingrown hairs. Maybe just a few on each leg, but I keep up on it regularly (1 once a week if possible).

Unless you have toned legs, I would refrain.

I shaved my arms once and they broke out like crazy ... not sure why I did that 10 years ago, but I'll never do that again. To curb the odd looks you may get if you wear shorts, I recommend trimming with a #3 as Master-Classter has recommended.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I shave them down - but I'm not a hairy person in general (e.g., can't grow facial hair).

It started years ago when I was kickboxing competitively. Having sweaty slick skin was an advantage in the clinch. I continued when I was mountain bike racing, and just got used to smoove skin.

Plus the muscles look way more defined w/o hair (whoops, my vanity is showing).

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shaving your legs only is for noobs. I shave my whole body.

Jon.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I am just a monkey man, I'm glad you are a monkey woman too.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I used to shave about 6 inches up my leg. I was a 3 sport guy and had ankle problems all throughout HS. It was easier and less painful for me to just shave the lower part than to have the medical tape rip off my leg hair everytime I took off my ankle braces or Ace bandages.

Anyway, you're shaving just b/c you have hairy legs? Dude. WTF.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
I shave my legs because of cycling...it comes in handy for roadrash from the occasional crash...nothing is worse than pulling bandages from a hairy wound.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads