• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shaving the netherlands?

perception

Reaction score
OK, here's the deal.

I'm 18 years old. I've got a date with a girl from my university on Friday night. She's got her own apartment on campus, and I'm going to drive her back at the end of the night.

She's expressed to me, in so many words, that she wishes to (at the least) hook me up with a b/j. She has also expressed to me that she hates a guy with a "jungle down there".

Problem: I've got what could be considered pretty close to a jungle "down there".

What should I do, guys? I really don't like the idea of shaving my bush off, and going completely school-boy bald. Should I trim it? If so, how short, and should I shave anywhere around the actual bush? No girls have minded before. Or at least they didn't say anything.

I know you guys have been there. Hook a young'n up with some advice.

Tom

Reaction score
Trim with scissors.  Make it shorter, but not short per se.  And then use a hairbrush to remove any loose hairs.  This may seem a bit explicit, but it's effective.  Unless you are trying to be kinky, the goal is not to look like a plucked chicken, but to just look neatened up a bit.  Remember, you can always trim more off, so go slow, and stop early.

PeterMetro

Reaction score
She's expressed to me, in so many words, that she wishes to (at the least) hook me up with a b/j.

Christ, why are you waiting until Friday?

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What should I do, guys?  I really don't like the idea of shaving my bush off, and going completely school-boy bald.  Should I trim it?  If so, how short, and should I shave anywhere around the actual bush?  No girls have minded before.  Or at least they didn't say anything.

Man up and just Bic it all.

Seriously though, its not that bad. Once you shave it all, you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

vero_group

Reaction score
No, no, just trim it with scissors, don't shave it. Nice and trim. That's all she's asking for, so, uh, give it to her...

Pink22m

Reaction score
I would shave it completely. Just be very careful and very meticulous in your job. As mentioned, first begin by trimming with your scissors. This will cut out all the long stuff so you can get down to the lower "grass". When I shaved, I was a bit nervous at first, especially at the thought of cutting my testicles with the razor. However, I used plenty of water, soap, and cream, and the razor moved over them like a hand over a Loro Piana cashmere sweater. Just be careful.

learydenis

Reaction score
Apologies in advance...I don't mean to preach. Â But I do have something to say. Â I really hope this doesn't come across as me judging any of you as such, as though I think I'm holier than thou, etc...but I'll get on with it. I just think that one should think carefully before becoming ***************. Â These days there are all kinds of venereal disesases going around. Â HIV, herpes, gonorrhea, syphilis, etc. Â Many, many people have herpes. Â Especially vulnerable to transmittable diseases are those who don't use condoms, assuming that their partner(if female) is on the pill. Â Using a condom does not guarantee 100% disease prevention, even if the condom stays intact/does not break. Â Oral sex is no different. There is always the possibility of pregnancy, which for college students could be at an especially inopportune time. Â These days people often have multiple sexual partners, sometimes at the same time, sometimes over time. I say none of this based on religion - I am actually agnostic. Â I don't completely believe in marriage as done by the Church, as I have seen a number of bad marriages(many good ones also), and some of the happier couples I know are not legally married. Â Having many hookups does not often reult in long-term happiness. Â I have a number of older friends who used to be playboys but eventually settled down, got married and had kids, and they are happier now than ever before. Â Before, they would actually sometimes worry about STDs, whether their current girlfriend would find out about their old girlfriends, etc...

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Not to ask for any details but....

Did you get some?

Bradford

perception

Reaction score
Yeah.

I went over the bush with an electric razor on one of the settings. It left fuzz, but got rid of the jungle.

While I was at it, I did the treasure trail and the chest, as well as the legs.

The girl loved it, and I screwed her in almost every room in the apartment.

GQ Lawyer

Reaction score
Was it a studio apartment?
wink.gif

alaaro

Reaction score
So whats the best way to shave it all off down there? Blade cant be the best, can it? Do they make home waxing kits?

whitsang

Reaction score
I am a 26 year old female and just want to give you my perspective on this topic...take it for what it's worth...it's just my opinion:

Your university girl doesn't want you to shave it all off. By avoiding a jungle I'm confident in saying that she just wants you to be "groomed". A bald head only looks good on some parts of the body....

My suggestion would be the *trim* closely with scissors (have you seen American Wedding?) and leave it at that. Good luck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics