shaving lather machine

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by globetrotter, Sep 24, 2006.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

anybody have one? I remember reading a post about one a while back, sounded like a pretty good thing, if a little decadent.

2. mendel

mendel Senior member

anybody have one? I remember reading a post about one a while back, sounded like a pretty good thing, if a little decadent.

Wow, I didn't know those were still around. I'd forgotten all about them. My father had one when I was a kid. Can of gel attached to the bottom, whole thing plugged into the wall, warm gel came out the front ready to lather up.

Modern ones seem to have a cord instead of hanging off the wall, but otherwise work the same. The Conair one that's all over the internet is only $30 so it might be worth trying as a lark.

Me, I shave in the shower and use preshave oil, so I doubt there's a whole lot of benefit I'd get from heating up the gel too.

3. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

4. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

that's cool, S

5. Chicago

Chicago Active Member

6. Stax

Stax Senior member

Well, they are an interesting tool to have around. The wife had one while she was in training to be a barber but I never found it that effective myself. There are other ways to get good warm lather that are better IMHO.

I have two of these (one as backup). Very nice (Jovan can probably also chime in). Cream stays HOT for a while.

http://www.shavemyface.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6096

http://www.sarabonnymanpottery.com/contemp.htm

Glad to hear this works well. I ordered one on the 15th after reading about it on www.shaveblog.com. Today, I recieved a handwritten receipt from sara and i expect the scuttle in a day or two.