1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

shaving lather machine

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by globetrotter, Sep 24, 2006.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

anybody have one? I remember reading a post about one a while back, sounded like a pretty good thing, if a little decadent.

2. mendel

mendel Senior member

anybody have one? I remember reading a post about one a while back, sounded like a pretty good thing, if a little decadent.

Wow, I didn't know those were still around. I'd forgotten all about them. My father had one when I was a kid. Can of gel attached to the bottom, whole thing plugged into the wall, warm gel came out the front ready to lather up.

Modern ones seem to have a cord instead of hanging off the wall, but otherwise work the same. The Conair one that's all over the internet is only $30 so it might be worth trying as a lark.

Me, I shave in the shower and use preshave oil, so I doubt there's a whole lot of benefit I'd get from heating up the gel too.

3. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

4. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

5. Chicago

Chicago Active Member

6. Stax

Stax Senior member

Well, they are an interesting tool to have around. The wife had one while she was in training to be a barber but I never found it that effective myself. There are other ways to get good warm lather that are better IMHO.

I have two of these (one as backup). Very nice (Jovan can probably also chime in). Cream stays HOT for a while.

http://www.shavemyface.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6096

http://www.sarabonnymanpottery.com/contemp.htm

Glad to hear this works well. I ordered one on the 15th after reading about it on www.shaveblog.com. Today, I recieved a handwritten receipt from sara and i expect the scuttle in a day or two.