• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shaving Cream Question

ClassyGuy1

Reaction score
I currently use a Gillette Fusion Power Razor with Gillette Fusion Shaving Gel (found at any grocery/drug store) or sometimes use Barbasol (Yes, the $1 a can stuff). I have always been interested in using a bit of a high end shaving "cream", but the only shaving "cream" that I've used was a brand called Alba and it didn't lather like the Gillette or Barbasol or Edge or anything lathers and foams. Are there any shaving "creams" that lather just like a can of Edge (If so, can you reccomend one) or are they all going to be the consistency of body wash?

fdbaker

Reaction score
Use this http://www.amazon.com/Art-Shaving-Pr...8971873&sr=8-2 followed by this http://www.amazon.com/The-Art-of-Sha...8971933&sr=8-3. It is expensive, but I've never used anything (and I've tried a lot) that's given me a closer, more comfortable shave.

Originally Posted by ClassyGuy1
I currently use a Gillette Fusion Power Razor with Gillette Fusion Shaving Gel (found at any grocery/drug store) or sometimes use Barbasol (Yes, the $1 a can stuff). I have always been interested in using a bit of a high end shaving "cream", but the only shaving "cream" that I've used was a brand called Alba and it didn't lather like the Gillette or Barbasol or Edge or anything lathers and foams. Are there any shaving "creams" that lather just like a can of Edge (If so, can you reccomend one) or are they all going to be the consistency of body wash?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They will lather, but you'll need a brush to whip them up with some water. Brands I use include:

Proaso,
Salter's
Trumpers
Truefitt & Hill
Prep
WARS
Art of Shaving

You'll have to search for them, none are widely available but most can be found on-line.

Then there are the artisan lines:

St. Charles Shave
The Gentleman's Quarter
Mama Bear

And then there are the soaps

etc. etc. etc.

Rex_Tremende

Reaction score
You don't need a lather for a good shave, just a good lubricant for the blade. I heard it explained once that lather is mostly air, and air is a poor lubricant. I tried shaving oils a few times, but didn't like the effect of those on my sink. I settled on- and now order Ahava Foam Free Silk Shave (and the shower gel) by the box online.

Regards,
Rex.

esthercpetersen

Reaction score
I have used many brands for shaving. my face skin has dry for using different brands of shaving. So I have left that and using a trimmer. due to using blade continuously, the skin has very dry, it is very irritating for me and after that, I have using Deadsea Minerals Cosmetics products for softening skin. I am deeply impressed with using Deadsea Minerals Cosmetics products.
If you are looking to buying any product for skin then I have to be suggested you go https://deadsea-cosmetic.com
I assure you, you will not go disappointed here

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.