1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shaving chest hair?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by VMan, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Kris

Kris Senior member

Is the hair going to grow back?

I guess you figured this out eventually.

2. Robert

Robert Senior member

Hey all,

I have a matter-of-opinion question for you all...

What is your opinion on shaving chest hair? My girlfriend has been pressing me about this for a long time, and I think that it would be a nice valentine's day present. The only reason I haven't is because I kind of like it; preserves some masculinity.

I am not covered in hair like a bear or anything; I just have a large area on my upper chest and some on my stomach.

I was planning on using my electric razor (its waterproof) and shaving cream. Any special techniques?

Thanks guys.

Yeah, I don't do it all the time, but a few times a year I at least do a major trim or sometimes even shave it all off. A barren chest feels especially nice in the hot summer months and feels good when you're swimming. Since I tend not to wear an undershirt, I like to make sure I don't have hair showing through from my dress shirts and polos. I just use shaving cream and my Gillette twin blade.

3. onion

onion Senior member

My girlfriend would probably break up with me if I shaved my chest hair. She has always said chest hair is by far the sexiest thing about men. She says something along the lines of men with no chest hair remind her of little boys and women.

4. Robert

Robert Senior member

If my wife divorced me over my chest hair or lack thereof, that would just be sad.

5. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

My girlfriend would probably break up with me if I shaved my chest hair. She has always said chest hair is by far the sexiest thing about men. She says something along the lines of men with no chest hair remind her of little boys and women.

your wife is right

6. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

Hollywood for Ugly People... Washington, DC
    If my wife divorced me over my chest hair or lack thereof, that would just be sad.
    Superficial bitch!

7. Kris

Kris Senior member

Fuck, if my wife would divorce me for shaving my chest, I would do it RIGHT NOW. [​IMG]

8. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Similarly, I left on friendly terms with a girlfriend I had in Korea for awhile, a few months later when I heard from her again she said it was difficult for her to accept sleeping with Korean guys again because without chest hair they looked like little boys to her. She told me "please never get rid of your chest hair." A personal victory.[​IMG]

9. ed1066

ed1066 Well-Known Member

That's good to know. I have my back waxed about every 3-4 months for the last 5 years or so. Never done the chest, but I considered it. I think I'll unconsider it now...just pulling the odd stray hair from my chest is tear-inducing sometimes, so I can imagine going the full monty must be hell.

10. Fat-Elvis

Fat-Elvis Senior member

I trim, because it's getting pretty damn burly, but I never shave.

11. Robert

Robert Senior member

Fuck, if my wife would divorce me for shaving my chest, I would do it RIGHT NOW. [​IMG]

Ha ha!