1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shaving chest hair?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by VMan, Feb 3, 2004.

1. southerncollegeboy

southerncollegeboy Active Member

Shave my chest about once every 2 weeks, and sometimes the trail as well--depending on my moods. I'm still young (20), and in pretty good shape so I do think it looks good.
    On the other hand, men's magazines put down chest-shaving all the time, so maybe I'm bizarre.
    As someone mentioned earlier, the irritation only happens if you've never shaved, or haven't in a while.

2. Lawman

Lawman Senior member

Man, you can find anything on here. I was witching my two year old take a bath last night, got bored, and started shaving my chest. I have a pretty hairy chest. I shaved one boob. I have been working out for years, and have been incredibly frustrated about how little definition my chest has. After shaving, I have pecs! I couldn't believe it. It is truly amazing. Now, whether it is a good thing or not, or whether I will shave any more of my chest or gut (what might lie there, I wonder!), I cannot say.

Mark

3. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

I am hairy as all get out, shoulders, chest and a little on the back. I use the Norelco body groomer and it works perfectly. I HIGHLY recommend it.

4. aoluffy

aoluffy Senior member

I am hairy as all get out, shoulders, chest and a little on the back. I use the Norelco body groomer and it works perfectly. I HIGHLY recommend it.

Link? I'm tried of waxing (expensive, the hair growing back is annoying because it causes a bit of irritation when coming out of the skin etc.). Is the finish very clean or can you still see little hairs?

5. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

I've been tattooed over my spine and ribs, pierced my own nose and ears, broken countless fingers etc, and let me tell you that getting my chest waxed was hands down the most painful experience I've ever had to go through. I've had my back waxed dozens of times and that feels like a blowjob compared to getting my chest waxed. I will never EVER do that again.

6. Seanallen

Seanallen Senior member

Dude, I trimmed my chesthair today for the first time, I found myself scratching at my chest all day, I looked like a junkie.

Never again will I touch it.

7. aoluffy

aoluffy Senior member

I've been tattooed over my spine and ribs, pierced my own nose and ears, broken countless fingers etc, and let me tell you that getting my chest waxed was hands down the most painful experience I've ever had to go through. I've had my back waxed dozens of times and that feels like a blowjob compared to getting my chest waxed. I will never EVER do that again.

Its never been that bad for me (chest or back).

8. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

You must have fine hairs on your chest. I'm hairy all over, and it's thick. I have like 3 hairs growing out of a single pore (or whatever they're called). It's fucked.

9. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

You guys are making a big deal out of nothing. Shaving your chest is just plain fucking stupid.

I am pretty damn hairy. Use mangroomer on the back and shoulders/upper arms. The rest gets trimmed down to about #2 every few weeks with the clippers. DONE.

The only chick that would ever want a shaved chest is an immature little girl.

10. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't shave mine but I do trim it to a 3/4" - 1" length to keep it neat and so I can dry off faster. My wife LOVES a hairy chest.

11. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Didn't you guys ever watch that one Seinfeld? Don't shave.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Didn't you guys ever watch that one Seinfeld? Don't shave.
    Or if you do, use butter.

13. aizan

aizan Senior member

Or if you do, use butter.

lol. [​IMG]

14. tbbiker

tbbiker New Member

I have a super hairy front side and I started shaving it a year ago. I love it! I wish I started doing that years ago. I use a Phillops Norelco personal shaver and buzz it smooth every three days or so. It does not take long to do and it looks great.

15. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

I've got a pretty nice coat of straight hair on my chest that can get pretty long, so I trim it with a #3 and call it a day. Looks a lot more presentable, muscle definition is good, it's not itchy, and every girl I've been with loves a hairy chest.

16. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I use my Andis and trim it down with the 1A blade. I use the same length on my hair so I knock them both out at the same time.

17. aniym

aniym Member

I would have suggested waxing to begin with. None of this irritation business, and the results are good for about a month. plus, people say that the hair grows back less thick, but i haven't really seen those kinds of results. definitely doesn't grow back thicker though, which is what most people are afraid of.

18. dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67 Senior member

no i dont think you should. there will be areas across your upper body that are still hairy other than your chest and it'll just feel out of place. plus shaving it repeatedly is going to become a chore

not uless it guaranteed you more action from your GF lol

19. changed

changed Senior member

I just moved out into my own place and I'm so cheap that I haven't bought a pair of clippers... I use scissors and just trim everything down to an acceptable level.

I've never been with a girl that doesn't like a hairy chest. How old is she??

20. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

Hollywood for Ugly People... Washington, DC
    I've done it with a razor before. Of course, I didn't just do the chest, I also did my stomach, shoulders still do that one) and my man area (ditto). I find that some women like it at first, when you're first going out but then want you to grow it out so you're more "safe". Now, I just keep it trim unless I'm going to a lingerie party or something like that, then I might shave it.

I never got red or itchy, even when it was growing back out. However, you do get prickly in a few days so you either have to keep shaving it often or risk exfoliating any woman that tries to lay on you for the next 2 weeks. Also, as it grows back, it'll look patchy for a little while... not the most attractive look my friend.

Muscle definition-wise, you can't beat a clean shave. If you actually have them, you won't ever look like you're 12.