1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sharpest white shirt for multi use.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by thefuryuk, Feb 20, 2013.

1. thefuryuk

thefuryuk Active Member

Just done a post regarding Lewin and H&H but have another shirt question.....

I want to buy a new plain white shirt.

It is to be used as my "sharpest" white shirt to wear with a suit for the "important" client meetings.
    It is also to be used as a shirt under a v-neck with jeans/chino/moleskins etc. the typical smart casual!
    also for occasions such as weddings or dare I say funerals etc.

I prefer just plain cotton,not herringbone or twill etc.

If I was spend maybe £60 ($90 ish) where would people suggest I get one from (or is it worth spending a few more pennies??)

Also like advice on the collar. I'm a 16 and roundish face so what's best for the multipurpose I'm after? Sharp standard spread? Semi or full cutaway?

Advice is appreciated!!

2. Stylishmartita

Stylishmartita Well-Known Member

Generally straight point collars are the best choice for roundish faces as they counterbalance facial rotundity. There are lots of straight collar options: the regular straight collar is the one we (Italians) call "the Italian collar", it has straight points and it better extends and narrows a rounded face.
    Are you going MTM?

3. thefuryuk

thefuryuk Active Member

Doubt I can get a mtm for that price??

4. Stylishmartita

Stylishmartita Well-Known Member

Hi, sorry for coming back to this so late! £60 could not be enough but if you can afford £70/80 you can get a quality mtm shirt here http://www.neronote.com/nn/designyourshirt.3sp?s=39=a
    There are a lot of fabrics you can choose from to design your mtm shirt at that price [​IMG]