Sharpest white shirt for multi use.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by thefuryuk, Feb 20, 2013.

1. thefuryuk

thefuryuk Active Member

Just done a post regarding Lewin and H&H but have another shirt question.....

I want to buy a new plain white shirt.

It is to be used as my "sharpest" white shirt to wear with a suit for the "important" client meetings.
    It is also to be used as a shirt under a v-neck with jeans/chino/moleskins etc. the typical smart casual!
    also for occasions such as weddings or dare I say funerals etc.

I prefer just plain cotton,not herringbone or twill etc.

If I was spend maybe £60 ($90 ish) where would people suggest I get one from (or is it worth spending a few more pennies??)

Also like advice on the collar. I'm a 16 and roundish face so what's best for the multipurpose I'm after? Sharp standard spread? Semi or full cutaway?

Advice is appreciated!!

2. Stylishmartita

Stylishmartita Well-Known Member

Generally straight point collars are the best choice for roundish faces as they counterbalance facial rotundity. There are lots of straight collar options: the regular straight collar is the one we (Italians) call "the Italian collar", it has straight points and it better extends and narrows a rounded face.
    Are you going MTM?

3. thefuryuk

thefuryuk Active Member

Doubt I can get a mtm for that price??

4. Stylishmartita

Stylishmartita Well-Known Member

Hi, sorry for coming back to this so late! £60 could not be enough but if you can afford £70/80 you can get a quality mtm shirt here http://www.neronote.com/nn/designyourshirt.3sp?s=39=a
    There are a lot of fabrics you can choose from to design your mtm shirt at that price [​IMG]