1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sharp Service Apreesh (japanese proxy)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Hermitedge, May 22, 2009.

1. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Senior member

I recently received my proxy order from Sharp, and have nothing but great words to say about them. I figured since Rakuten is no longer an affiliate, one of the mods should consider Hide-san and Sharp to be part of Styleforum. Not only did Hide-san check the store for an item that was sold out online (after my order was already on the way to them), he also provided prompt replies to my queries and a low proxy fee. Easily the best customer service I've ever dealt with. I was even refunded the leftover monies after s/h. And did I mention that my package was on my doorstep 3 days after it was posted from Japan? Highly recommended! site (under construction): http://www.sharpservice.jp/ email: info@sharpservice.jp

2. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

when did rakuten drop out?

3. BB1

BB1 Senior member

Totally, agree. Sharp Service is an excellent proxy. Provided it is not nighttime in Japan, he responds to most e-mails within minutes! The communication is about as good as it gets and their fees are quite reasonable.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Haha. This is timely. Sharpservice is going to be an official affiliate in the buying and selling: Streetwear and Denim, section. Watch for the thread.

I've also used Hide's service (to get a Mr. Olive sweat jacket that is my go to piece of light outerwear) and I am really happy to have someone with such good customer service aboard.

Fok.

5. thats.mana

thats.mana Senior member

Ha, I noticed that the affiliates banner was missing something a couple of weeks ago but couldn't figure out who was missing.

6. efujobu

efujobu Well-Known Member

I've used Hide-san numerous times. Simply put, he is the best.

7. djh

djh Senior member

Ha, I noticed that the affiliates banner was missing something a couple of weeks ago but couldn't figure out who was missing.

Haha, yeah me too.

Never actually ordered from sharp service, but they've always responded to my emails within 24hrs.. and heard nothing but A+ reviews on sufu.

8. pridecake

pridecake Senior member

sad about rakuten, but definitely got to give credit to hide-san. Ordered from him a couple of times and barring the time it took for him to receive my item, it arrived very quickly. Great communication

9. Razele

Razele Senior member

Awesome.

I need some Loopwheeler and Johnbull sweats as basics.

I will deff use him later this year when I have the bank.

10. gracian

gracian Senior member

Anybody use Sharp service recently with feedback, good or bad?

11. toytastic

toytastic New Member

I have had bad experience with them a few months ago. Initially they provided prompt replies prior to me placing an order but when they made a mistake on my order, no remedy was provided.

Their pricing is attractive, but I personally would not be using them again after the last experience.

12. gracian

gracian Senior member

Thanks for the feedback.

13. futuresailors

futuresailors Senior member

I placed an order with them back in February, and the service was great up until the time they actually had my money and had to ship. They've responded once in the past 7 weeks, so I'm starting to lose hope.

14. rohde88

rohde88 Senior member

7 weeks?!?! Are they shipping via sailboat?

15. futuresailors

Circumnavigation via paddleboat!
    But I don't think they've even shipped yet since they still haven't tried to collect the second half the deposit for a second item.

16. dmash

dmash Senior member

Forget sharpservice, they just scammed me out of $125 after I've spent A LOT of $ proxying stuff through them over the past few years.

They are seriously horrible compared to how they used to be. I sent a 12,500 yen deposit this time via gift (as I have a bazillion times before no problem with Sharp) but now this time they have ignored me for over a week and won't refund it back after I lost on an auction.

They 100% used to be the best in the game, really disappointing that such a great service has turned so incredibly bad.

EDIT: Well.....today they refunded my money. Dont know if it was due to this.....but they ignored my and then bam got a refund with no response at all.

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  17. gracian

gracian Senior member

That's too bad. With the weak yen it would be nice to have a reliable service out there.

18. futuresailors

So if anyone else is still waiting to hear back, they haven't skipped town. Just got my shipping confirmation.

19. rocks

rocks Senior member

I need some WJK boots but won't bother using them...who else is reputable these days?

20. futuresailors

I think sutocorp's the new go to. I've only emailed them to see if they could get some more information about some shoes, but the were prompt and helpful.