1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sharing the Duke Hate

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Charley, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Charley

Charley Distinguished Member

2. whoopee

whoopee Distinguished Member

I think the alleged gang rape should do well for "Duke hate".

3. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

4. StevenRocks

StevenRocks Senior Member

Who'd have thought the lacrosse team would've been the pervs?

5. whoopee

whoopee Distinguished Member

6. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Distinguished Member

I have difficulty working up hate for Duke -- the team at least. They can't buy players like the Yankees, and the players have to meet fairly rigorous academic standards. I really enjoyed watching Grant Hill and Shane Battier play.

That said, their fans are really obnoxious. And I still enjoy watching them lose.

7. Lamo

Lamo Senior Member

I have difficulty working up hate for Duke -- the team at least. They can't buy players like the Yankees, and the players have to meet fairly rigorous academic standards. I really enjoyed watching Grant Hill and Shane Battier play.

That said, their fans are really obnoxious. And I still enjoy watching them lose.

you can add elton brand to that list.

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I've got no hate for Duke - same reasons as Ambulance - and I always had love for tough, defensive, energy players like Shane Battier.

On the other hand, the Lacrosse team rape story is just fucked up. I mean, strippers and general unruly college behaviour, fine. I've pissed on my share of lawns myself. But racial slurs are highly uncool, and rape is just disgusting. I honestly don't see how a dude with any self-respect could do that. I mean, hell, I want girls (okay, a girl, I'm protecting my ass here, being married and all) to be jumping me. That someone was not into it would be a turnoff enough. And yes, I understand that rape is more about the power than the sex; but if you really want to be a badass, go into a biker bar and break a whiskey decanter over some 300 lbs dude's head instead. That I could respect (even if your dumbass is in traction for a month afterwards [​IMG]