• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sharing my MTO EG's....

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received these two,I am very happy with them.Please let me know your thoughts.
Southwold in Mocha Suede/Dark Oak 606
DSCF0237.jpg

DSCF0238.jpg

Walcott in Antique Burgundy 888
DSCF0239.jpg

DSCF0240.jpg

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Love the Wolcott, I have the identical shoe in Edwardian. The Southwold is freaking me out a little. It could certainly grow on me, though.

Tibo

Reaction score
The Wolcott is definitely great, didn't know this model. I'm not fond of the Southwold (neither the model nor the color/material combination), but I'm *way* too classical ...
smile.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
count me in as a fan of the Walcott. the other one is a bit scary to me, but it being "Edward Green" will probably make it look ok to some.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't think that Southwold looks extreme at all. It looks pretty sharp to me.

The Walcott is beautiful too.

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I showed my wife the Southwold she said they were hideous,so I told her how I would post them on SF and everyone would love them.Guess who is laughing now?
blush.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
I don't think that Southwold looks extreme at all. It looks pretty sharp to me.

The style is ok, not my cuppa but it's fine....the juxtaposition of the suede with the calf just looks jarring on that particular design, to me at least.

argoth

Reaction score
Excellent choice on both shoes!

Is the color of the suede accurate in the photo or is it a bit darker in person?

Arg

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the Southwolds are an 8D, they are hideous - I recommend selling immediately regardless of price.

If a different size, I differ from my fellow forumites and will say that I find them interesting and would wear them.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very inventive brogueing on the Southwold. Very nice, indeed.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a pair of shoes on order that is suede/calf, so I like the idea, but the execution is poor here. I htink that the colors should be the same and the detailing should be minimal so that the noted contrast is just textural.

For nex time, I would suggest:

#1 A saddle shoe.
#2 A spectator wingtip with very minimal broguing if any.

#1 is far and away the best choice imo.

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by argoth
Excellent choice on both shoes!

Is the color of the suede accurate in the photo or is it a bit darker in person?

Arg

I would say it is a couple of shades darker in real life.

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I have a pair of shoes on order that is suede/calf, so I like the idea, but the execution is poor here. I htink that the colors should be the same and the detailing should be minimal so that the noted contrast is just textural.

For nex time, I would suggest:

#1 A saddle shoe.
#2 A spectator wingtip with very minimal broguing if any.

#1 is far and away the best choice imo.

Point taken on the brogueing,as for the colour the shades are a lot nearer to each other than they look in the photo.
I think basically I just wanted something totally different to what I already had.I know different is not always good,but I for one am pleased with the end result.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your wife is right.
Again.
lol8[1].gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benecios
Point taken on the brogueing,as for the colour the shades are a lot nearer to each other than they look in the photo. I think basically I just wanted something totally different to what I already had.I know different is not always good,but I for one am pleased with the end result.
I am not surprised that the photo would obsure the colors since suede and claf reflect and absorb light very differently. They are a shoe that I would wear and think are interesting, but they would not be my first choice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads