1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Share your shoe purchases you regret not making

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JohnMS, Feb 23, 2004.

1. JohnMS

JohnMS Senior member

Being new to the forum, I did a search of a question I have and didn't come up with anything. If someone recognizes this question from a previous post, please provide a URL. Thanks.

It wasn't until a few years ago that I finally realized how much nicer, longer lasting, and comfortable well-made shoes can be. Trouble is at this point being able to afford what I like.

Now the question. What are some shoe purchases you didn't make that looking back you wish you did?

Over the years I'm sure many of us has seen a good deal on a pair of shoes that was too good to pass up, but we didn't buy the shoes because either we had too many shoes already, funds were tight, or for some other reason.

Let's hear about purchases you wish you had made but didn't. Mine are as follows:

1. John Lobb captoes marked down to $249 from $895 at a NM Last Call store. I was naive at the time and didn't know how good Lobb shoes were.

2. Several pairs of Brooks Brothers (Alden) straight tip bluchers with medallion in color 8 shell cordovan and black shell cordovan for $135 a pair (including tax).

3. Several Oxxford sportcoats 15 years ago at NM last call that were obscenely low priced, but I didn't know Oxxford from anyone else at the time.

2. Alias

Alias Senior member

Taking advantage of A Harris' wonderful deal on Vass shoes. Damn, I sure wish I had an extra $1000 lying around... [​IMG]