• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your closet pictures...what do you think?

nighttrain7404

Reaction score
Hey all. Would love to see your closet pictures

Here's some pictures of my closet. Just wanted to share a window into one person's life. I'd actually like to see other people's closets as well..

You guys know a bit about me (tacky bling, questionable suits, but okay shoes and bags...got lots of sneakers)...

Would like to know what others have in their closet as well..

Here is my row of leather jackets (two zegna(yes they are real), four andrew marcs, 1 sawyer of napa, 1 cole haan, 2 Jhane Barnes suedes blazers,

Attachment 2409

Here is my row of suits along the jackets (1 zegna (REAL), 1 zegna (fake..returned)..2 hugo boss, 2 collezioni, 2 luca venturini,...

Attachment 2412

Here are my two hartmann leather/canvas carry bags (I love these)

Attachment 2415

Here is my tie rack (40 ties, mostly Alby, and a couple Ted Bakers)

Attachment 2407

Here are pictures of my shoes (I have about 63 pairs of shoes...half are dress..half are sneakers)
Attachment 2414

Please share yours as well!

ezboy1000

Reaction score
YIKES!!! Remove the plastic from the suits asap. Your suits are presumably made of natural fibres that need air circulation to breath. In addition to your clothes smelling like the plastic they're stored in, mildew can collect from the mositure trapped in the bags.

There are breathable cloth bags you could use if it is important to you that the suits be covered.

I recall one gentleman who came to see me when I worked at Harry Rosen's, he brought in this suit that reeked. We couldn't figure out what was wrong, sending it back to the manufacture (Samuelsohn). It was determined he'd been storing it in a plastic garment bag. The suit was ruined.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Confuscious says, 'Never put cloth in bag unless one travels'

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Confuscious will say alot of other things if he saw that closet.
smile.gif

nighttrain7404

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ezboy1000
YIKES!!! Remove the plastic from the suits asap. Your suits are presumably made of natural fibres that need air circulation to breath. In addition to your clothes smelling like the plastic they're stored in, mildew can collect from the mositure trapped in the bags.

There are breathable cloth bags you could use if it is important to you that the suits be covered.

I recall one gentleman who came to see me when I worked at Harry Rosen's, he brought in this suit that reeked. We couldn't figure out what was wrong, sending it back to the manufacture (Samuelsohn). It was determined he'd been storing it in a plastic garment bag. The suit was ruined.

The plastic is all from dry cleaning....and they are breathable..but I do have cloth covers that I just got for the leather ANd the suits

nighttrain7404

Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
Confuscious will say alot of other things if he saw that closet.
smile.gif

So what would Confuscious say??? =)

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ezboy1000
Your suits are presumably made of natural fibres that need air circulation to breath. In addition to your clothes smelling like the plastic they're stored in, mildew can collect from the mositure trapped in the bags.
Are you sure? I never heard of that. Actually, I believe that in old times, you were actually supposed to store your winter clothes in plastic bags with some kind of anti-moth balls during summer, and vice-versa. Do you really think that storing a dry suit in a plastic bag will make it reek?
In a wool or cashmere suit, the natural fibers are based on dead hair from some kind of animal, I just cannot believe that it needs to breathe.
Anybody knows something more about this?

nighttrain7404

Reaction score
Originally Posted by epa
Are you sure? I never heard of that. Actually, I believe that in old times, you were actually supposed to store your winter clothes in plastic bags with some kind of anti-moth balls during summer, and vice-versa. Do you really think that storing a dry suit in a plastic bag will make it reek?
In a wool or cashmere suit, the natural fibers are based on dead hair from some kind of animal, I just cannot believe that it needs to breathe.
Anybody knows something more about this?

Yes. That was my rationale for doing it as well. I was told more to avoid the "dust" effect and that dust would damage suits more than anything else.]
Hence the plastic. I've been searching for cloth breatable covers for the leathers and the suits. I found some at bed bath and beyond and will use my x-mas gift cards to get them =)

Selecta M3

Reaction score
Please. I don't want to be rude but my honest opinion is throw out all those ugly shoes and don't buy anymore till you know what nice shoes are. Sorry for being real.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
he'd say
" one who sleeps with itchy butt wakes up with stanky finger"

or something like that.

no
kidding

he would say" nice s***! i wish i worked dotcom! daaamnn boyee!
forget this philosophy s*** , yeah, im famous but hell i had no bankroll mutha!!"

...something like that

ROFLLES!!!!

sherwin

Reaction score
Can we get a verdict on storing suits in plastic bags?

Biscione

Reaction score
I actually like the idea of this thread, even though I know I store my clothing quite poorly due to lack of space. I might take some pictures of my stuff.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check out Target for a Linen Garment Bag , they are the best I have ever seen and have ventillation holes and allow your suit to breathe. They aren't online and they are usually kept in a different part of the store than closet storage for some reason. They are 10 for 2.

I usually lay out my clothes one day ahead and let them stand to air out one day after use and then put into a linen garment bag. Don't brush your suit or jacket until the next day until the moisture if any has evaporated. Check the item for any stain on the cuffs, check the cuffs to make sure if anything got caught in them.

Also, if you get in this habit I will press the pants in a home press or steam the suit before putting it back.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
ah.... nighttrain.... we hardly knew ye.....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics