Share some SF History

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by in stitches, May 12, 2011.

1. BDC2823

BDC2823 Senior member

After several years without even thinking of eating a pancake, I've come to enjoy them every now and then. The pancake is one of those foods that I can only have evry so often, but it hits the spot every time. I love making them from scratch and cutting up some strawberries, blueberries, boysenberries, etc. to mix in the batter.

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

*sigh*

tiger02 -ex-military (iirc)
    sho'nuff - Started as Diorshoe, then had name changed to Shoe, then asked to be changed to Sho...Ended up being Sho'nuff, and his title was flip-flopper. Sho'nuff started posting 'grrrrr' a lot and that then became his title. I think he whined about it for a while when it was flip-flopper.
    brian sd - moderator. duh.
    nantucket red - his girlfriend is a major fashionista, and he has the good sense to identify by his better half.
    bradford - current events moderator (which means he moderates the CE forvm. duh.
    get smart - dont crink (comes from "chink don't crink", which tells you that he will forever look like he's 28.
    saucemaster - iirc, he lost a good amount of weight a few years back. Major kudos.
    mr. moo - forvm punching bag, talks a good fight Look up the Mr. Sam thread when you get a chance to see a few pics of Moo.

Bonus. Bigbris (banned) petitioned for a custom title, something he thought would be commensurate with his (I'm guessing here) sexual prowess. He asked for 'yoga instructor', but I don't think he teaches yoga, at least not in his spiffy Polo RL togs. The mods finally changed his title to 'can be bent over'. I don't think he was happy with it. Let that be a lesson.

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

After several years without even thinking of eating a pancake, I've come to enjoy them every now and then. The pancake is one of those foods that I can only have evry so often, but it hits the spot every time. I love making them from scratch and cutting up some strawberries, blueberries, boysenberries, etc. to mix in the batter.

I make mine with whole wheat flour and use blueberries. Add some dark-roast coffee and bacon and we have a nomtastic morning.

4. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

[​IMG] thanks again thomas.

thomas = good dude

5. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

6. MrG

MrG Senior member

To be honest, I haven't gone back and tried making a decent recipe since I stated I don't like them and was advised that I just hadn't had good ones. That said, I have a friend who swears she has an outstanding recipe, and I have blueberries that will be ripe and ready to pick soon. Plus, I picked up some maple syrup for the French toast I made for MrsG on Mother's Day. All of that being the case, I suspect that blueberry pancakes will be making an appearance on my breakfast plate in the near future.

7. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

As always, discussion of crêpes is also welcome.

They are hard to make.

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Mt_Spiffy

Good call.

To be honest, I haven't gone back and tried making a decent recipe since I stated I don't like them and was advised that I just hadn't had good ones. That said, I have a friend who swears she has an outstanding recipe, and I have blueberries that will be ripe and ready to pick soon. Plus, I picked up some maple syrup for the French toast I made for MrsG on Mother's Day. All of that being the case, I suspect that blueberry pancakes will be making an appearance on my breakfast plate in the near future.

Highly recommend. I can say this about making pancakes, mix very sparingly. The more you beat them the less they fluff up.

9. BDC2823

BDC2823 Senior member

I make mine with whole wheat flour and use blueberries. Add some dark-roast coffee and bacon and we have a nomtastic morning.

Now you've both made me hungry for pancakes. [​IMG] Blueberries are the key to a good pancake.

10. redcaimen

redcaimen Bigtime

Would posting about waffles be off topic? I dont want to derail the thread.

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

They are hard to make.

Really? I never have much problem with mine, unless you desire some sort of uniformity of color, shape, texture, or taste.

12. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Would posting about waffles be off topic? I dont want to derail the thread.

Holidays: waffles + cranberries + whipped cream.

13. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Now you've both made me hungry for pancakes. [​IMG] Blueberries are the key to a good pancake.

oh, I just remembered: pancakes with cranberries and white chocolate chips. Kinda desserty, though.

14. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I'm hungry all of a sudden. [​IMG]

15. Thomas

Thomas Senior member