• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shanghai Tailors: Midrange

tharr011

Reaction score
Agreed. Email Amy, she is very helpful and will send you a price list. I haven't gotten a shirt made by them yet but from what I've seen at their offices, they are very good quality and they carry a wide range of shirting fabrics. Also, you can either have the shirt machine made or hand made, which also affects the price.

ebayhtl

Reaction score

I went to the Shanghai South Bund fabric market and ordered a lot of shirts from stall 237.

Just an update on the above post from me. I ended up getting the shirts in HK - I had to pay for the delivery, which was cheap enough, but obviously would have been preferable if they paid given they were late with the delivery.

Still, the shirts are good, and am happy with them for the price I paid (as I mentioned, more than 50% cheaper than HK). Overall, good value for money and I would definitely visit again - thumbs up from me. A few specific points:

- I would definitely recommend you bring a comfortable shirt for them to copy, rather than have them measure - given the store traffic they have.

- The shirts' copy weren't perfect, but no major flaws - they seem to have copied the shoulders and the arm sleeves well, but in the midsection some shirts felt way tighter than others. They put enough material at the darts area so I'll get my tailor to let them out; obviously they could have fixed this if I was in SH more than a couple of days.

- The materials were generally quite good. I've worn 7 of the 11 shirts I ordered, and they're all comfortable enough. Will have to report back in a year re: endurance, no issues so far.

- Stitchwork was reasonable. I can tell my TCNY shirts are constructed better, but only if I look closely.

manasdirge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ You'd best ask Amy Yang at C&G. Like all tailors, they use a variety of fabrics, and costs vary depending on the factors involved.

hi there, the website you provided is down, any idea what's going on? they are using a new site?

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C&G look to be a very good find. Stebbin's grey Huddersfield suit seems to be an excellent fit in every way. Can't find fault with it at all, given I'm just going off the pic.

Kudos to The Wraith and others for sharing the information about these tailors.

rando

Reaction score
C&G looks like a great value, I need to order some suits in the near future.

Has anyone tried ordering based purely online without going to the physical store in person??

zty_07

Reaction score
The 2015 price is much higher.Suit is 500 if you bring your own fabric. Eleganza Uomo might be cheaper.

tharr011

Reaction score
I haven't gotten anything new from C&G since January. Has the price really gone up that much this year?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads