1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shanghai Fabric Market - Any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Bob01, May 22, 2008.

1. jdanielca

jdanielca Senior member

No point starting a new thread this one seems pretty good.. I am looking specifically for overcoats. I think Chan if you guys refering to W chan has insane prices fo overcoats which I am not willing to pay, I am seldom in cold climate so I have no idea when I would next need a coat this is their quote:

"We could make style of the top-coat as the picture you attached.
    Our price ranges are vary.
    Pure wool material from England overcoat start from approx. RMB12,000.-
    Pure cashmere start from RMB15,000."

I aint paying close to 3000 SGD for a coat LOL not when I am not wearing it every season.

So I have heard good things about store 132 and 138 at the south bund fabric market... can anyone talk about these stores in particular or over coats in particular for Shanghai. I am not looking for the best quality but I am definitely looking for something that looks good and can last me a few years. From what I read off http://www.travelandleisure.com/local-experts/shanghai/best-tailors-shanghai-fabric-market I should not be spending more than 400-600 CNY. I have a budget of about 2000 CNY but I would not be willing to spend that at the Fabric Market probably some place more reliable, I would also prefer it to be knocked out quick, overnight or over a weekend?

I am arriving on the 30th this coming Friday and I wont have a coat with me so I would prefer to have one done quickly..

2. babygreenspots

babygreenspots Senior member

Hey Labelking, I've been trying to find you. Are you still interested in placentas?