• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shadesemporium.com - legit?

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone ever ordered sunglasses from this site before? if so, what was your experience? I ask because they sell sunglasses for well below the MSRP of other competitors, so naturally I think something is rotten in Denmark.

nich

Reaction score
Yes. This is a scamming website. You place an order and they tell you two weeks later that the glasses are backordered and your order has been canceled. If you cancel before this time you are hit with a cancelation fee. DON'T BUY FROM THESE SCAMMERS!

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't bother with shadesemporium.com -- after I read the beautifully numbered bullet list from their PR person above I was so overwhelmed by awe at the idea of four-digit order numbers that I bought out the entire website.

TsatX.gif

Last edited:

jim10

Reaction score
I just received an order from them. Time to ship was slow, but they warn you of that up front. Their web site says items usually ship in 3-4 business days. In my case, they didn't actually ship for 6 business days. From then, it was 2 more days to receive. But as I say, I knew it was going to be slow, I wasn't in a hurry, and shipping was free (You get what you pay for).

I purchased Oakley Radar XL Blades Shooting Specific 09-745 for about $13 less than most places sell them for. More importantly, they are definitely authentic.

Bottom line is if you are in a hurry, you probably want to purchase somewhere else. But if you want to save a few bucks, this place has good prices.

Dr Know

Reaction score
For everyone that wants to know about Shades Emporium and their other website Frames Broker, it is a HUGE SCAM! But I must say it is a smarter scam than I have seen before....

What they do is display "Authentic" Glasses for less than anyone else online. They take your credit card information and then tell you in a couple days that they do not have your item in stock and refund your money. Well all you would think is a disappointed consumer but what they are actually doing is getting your personal information.

FYI: Today is a very high tech internet world, what is happening is people are getting robbed by the fraction of a cent on a mass scale, not to mention your info is out there in god knows who's hands...

How I know this? I am in the industry and have run a couple test runs with this company (Obviously not with my Credit Card) and the same thing every time. I have also already written a review similar to this before but it was instantly taken away, so lets see how long this one lasts. The most surprising thing to me is that a company can do this over and over, advertise on many other websites and be allowed to do so, for so long.

DO YOURSELF A HUGE FAVOR AND DON'T COMPROMISE YOUR PERSONAL INFO JUST TO SAVE A FEW BUCKS OR EVEN $100 BUCKS... REMEMBER YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR IN LIFE. IF THEY STARTED SELLING MERCEDES FOR A DOLLAR WOULD YOU NEVER THINK THE WISER...

For those of you that have also been defrauded by this website please report them here:
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
...and lets get these crooks off the net!

Last edited:

Rudith74

Reaction score
They are also known as FramesBroker, ShadesBroker and FramesEmporium -- the same awful company. I ordered frames from them that took almost a month to arrive. In the meantime, they charged my credit card on the first day I ordered them. Then I tried contactin them by phone and email with no response except one that said be on the lookout for a tracking number, which didn't come for over a week and then the frames arrived a week after that even though their website says 3-5 biz days to process. They NEVER answer the phone or RETURN PHONE CALLS. So, if you're unhappy with your purchase, you're stuck because you can't get a return authoriation number in order to return anything in a reasonable amount of time. Worst customer service I've ever seen. Funny, I now get lots of spam email ever since ordering from them, because they probably sell your information like another reviewer here said.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a Chinese knock-off site isn't it? Sure looks like one, all those designer lux names....very shady.

Last edited:

xtsar

Reaction score
Old post but I thought I would chime in.

I purchased a pair of Persol's from these guys on Ebay. Their rating is great! My shades came and they are no doubt Authentic. I owned four pairs prior (keep losing them) that I bought from an "authorized re-seller". I placed my Ebay order on a Tuesday and recv'd my sunglasses on a Saturday (they came from an Atlanta address).

So, if any doubts go to Ebay and buy from there.

Last edited:

DuncanCasey

Reaction score
I ordered Oakley's from them few day's ago, paid good money and now I find about this thread - needless to say that I'm a bit worried at the moment. Whatever happens I'll keep you informed.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I ordered Oakley's from them few day's ago, paid good money and now I find about this thread - needless to say that I'm a bit worried at the moment. Whatever happens I'll keep you informed.

I have to ask where they're getting all these Oakleys, Bulgaris, Diors, Coaches, D&Gs, Diesels, Armanis, Hugo Bosses, Olivers, Persols, Pradas, Guccis, Nikes, Ralph Laurens, Tags, Versaces, YSLs, etc. from? ....China?.....Are they really authorised resellers for all these brands?

allaboutshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Old post but I thought I would chime in. 

I purchased a pair of Persol's from these guys on Ebay. Their rating is great! My shades came and they are no doubt Authentic. I owned four pairs prior (keep losing them) that I bought from an "authorized re-seller". I placed my Ebay order on a Tuesday and recv'd my sunglasses on a Saturday (they came from an Atlanta address).

So, if any doubts go to Ebay and buy from there.
:spam: ???

DuncanCasey

Reaction score
I have to ask where they're getting all these Oakleys, Bulgaris, Diors, Coaches, D&Gs, Diesels, Armanis, Hugo Bosses, Olivers, Persols, Pradas, Guccis, Nikes, Ralph Laurens, Tags, Versaces, YSLs, etc. from? ....China?.....Are they really authorised resellers for all these brands?
That's a risk even when you buy from local store, only difference is that the price is higher
tounge.gif

Can't tell if they are authorized, but if I see even a slight difference from the shades I saw in the store I'll report them. Provided that I get the shades in the first place :)

tullytra

Reaction score

This isn't odd. Luxotttica is licensed to produce for, or owns, most brands of sunglasses. I'm not saying this particular seller is legit/fraudulent, just that it's common to have all these in the same place.

Last edited:

trum01

Reaction score
The number of new people commenting on this thread as their first post is rather strange.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads