• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shades of Greige jacket fit opinions

sayocean

Reaction score
I need your guys' opinions on the fit of this jacket. It is a size small and as it stands, I won't be able to layer with this jacket. It's actually quite fitted, and free movement of the arms aren't gonna happen. With this style of jacket (Moto) should I even be layering with a hoodie underneath anyway? I've tried on the size Medium as well and it fits as well and layering is possible. What do you guys suggest? Do I go ahead and exchange for size medium or keep this as is and wear only with tees and light button downs? Thanks in advance.
For reference, this is how the same jacket fits on a model from revolve.com

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It fits fine. It's just too Bladerunner for me (and you).

SlamMan

Reaction score
Looks like it fits pretty well. I'd be afraid the next size up would be too wide across the sholders but it's tough to say without seeing it. The model is a bit skinnier than you too.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It fits pretty near perfect in the chest and shoulders, except there appears to be zero room around the waist, like you had to struggle to pull it downward. But the aesthetic looks fine-- you seem perfectly ready to rock the "blade runner" vibe.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the length better on you. I hate being able to see belt loops.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am usually a small or XS in most things, but SoG is cut slim enough that my size small is a bit too tight on me in the chest (but a medium is too big in the shoulders).

From the picture it looks fine when you are standing still. If you can't move comfortably in it, however, it is going to look awkward when you are actually out and about in the world. But so long as you don't feel constricted when you move and you feel comfortable in it, I would stick with it.

yamazs

Reaction score
I would size up... it looks fine as is but is obviously on the borderline of being toooo small. The jacket will be much more versatile (meaning you will wear it more and get more value out of it) if you can layer so sizing up is the better option. Outerwear like this (IMHO) is supposed to be worn a little loose... i feel like the model is even wearing it a little too small... The bottom of the jacket hits at around the right spot (so the length looks perfect) so your problem may be that your body type isn't proper for that jacket... Maybe you should just look for a different one... PS. How tall are you? I like a lot of the Shades of Greige stuff but don't really know how to size it... I'm very short... just curious...

mihalis

Reaction score
idk how you're going to wear that in the winter if there is no room to layer...

sayocean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by yamazs
I would size up... it looks fine as is but is obviously on the borderline of being toooo small. The jacket will be much more versatile (meaning you will wear it more and get more value out of it) if you can layer so sizing up is the better option. Outerwear like this (IMHO) is supposed to be worn a little loose... i feel like the model is even wearing it a little too small... The bottom of the jacket hits at around the right spot (so the length looks perfect) so your problem may be that your body type isn't proper for that jacket... Maybe you should just look for a different one...

PS. How tall are you? I like a lot of the Shades of Greige stuff but don't really know how to size it... I'm very short... just curious...

thanks for the input, I think I may size up. The difference in sizes was very minor, the medium fit slightly roomier, perfect for layering. I am short as well, 5'4 and I find that SoG stuff fits me better than most other designers/brands.

Originally Posted by mihalis
idk how you're going to wear that in the winter if there is no room to layer...

I wasn't planning on wearing this as my winter only jacket...... This is more ideal for spring/ fall

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 31 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 276 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40