• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SFW-XXX Diesel ad

Joshua Arson

Reaction score
The idea came straight from the Something Awful forums, but what's really cool is Diesel is buying forum upgrades for anyone who made/posted a SFW Appreciation edit on SA. They also contacted the admin of Something Awful before releasing the ad to let him know, it wasn't because they were sent an angry letter from somebody.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif
esp. at the accordion

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow that really was great. im still laughing.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
i loved the M&Ms into her mouth segment....the whole video was great tho

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Amazing, genius marketing and pushing the boundaries yet again. The sound effects when the guys "nibbling the corn" had me in pieces!!!!!

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was cracking up at this as well. The Skittles is my favorite as well, but I also am quite fond of the lipstick/beauty salon segment.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
The skittles was my favorite. Even though they stole the idea from something awful, the whole video format was much better than just photoshops

There I must disagree. First off, the conceit was that the images must be done in MS Paint, not Photoshop, and the "amateurishness" of the end product was part of the comedy. There was something so gleefully absurd about investing time and effort into making Appreciation images completely asexual, especially in a completely uncensored format like the internet where even the most explicit Appreciation doesn't cause anyone to bat an eye anymore.

It would be the most Sysiphusian task in the world, trying to make the entire internet G-rated one Appreciation image at a time.

In video advertising, the expectations we bring to the medium are completely different. We know they can't show Appreciation, so the effect seems more like censoring (think of the CGI figures added to the orgy scene of 'Eyes Wide Shut'.) As well, the element of motion makes it impossible to disguise the (supposed) explicit nature of the source video. What was funny about the still images was that it was possible to view them in a completely asexual way. Also, the "digital rotoscope" effect has nothing of the endearing DIY spirit of the original MS Paint images.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads