1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SFII: Which char did you use?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by MetroStyles, Jun 9, 2010.

1. javyn

javyn Senior member

Dhalsim. The strong kick and punch coupled with his drill jump attacks made him pretty much impossible to get close to.

I played SFA3 more than anything though, and for that it was Cammy V-ism for the win! Corner the opponent, engage V-ism, then spike kick him for 20 or so combo hits.

I wasn't good enough to use Sakura or Zangief w/ V-ism though.

2. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

3. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

No M Bison = poast fail [​IMG]

God with the Mk threak, this, and Mario Kart I am beginning to think all of you are like 18. For the last time, M Bison was not playable in SSF2.

4. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

5. Psyren

Psyren Senior member

Really? I would put Ken ahead of Dudley in SSF4 by quite a distance. At the very least, Ken has many more defensive options.
    Dudley's ducks give him advantages over fireball users and his machine gun blow travels the whole screen. He does good damage and takes less than most so Id put him higher than Ken tier wise but it all depends on the player. Are you on psn though?

6. mgoose

mgoose Senior member

Ryu for sure, also on Turbo I'd used Bison. Blanka was kinda fun as well.

7. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

Ken. He was rockin' the long hair, just like I did for much of the 90s.

Ken and I had the same hair for a while- had to play as him to show some blonde solidarity. Outside of that, Vega or Chun Li (rawrrrrrrr gawd damn)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. tehbry

tehbry Senior member

Guile - all the way. After seeing my idol play him in the motion picture, I had no choice. [​IMG]

9. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

I fucking love when cosplay nerdettes fully commit and wear the skanky thongs and shit with their outfits. So much win there.

At any rate, I was a Ryu kind of guy. He always struck me as having a fairly difficult learning curve, but could theoretically have been the best character in the game when mastered. I did not master him. My greatest enemy was the occasional unresponsive/sticky joystick, which was the bane of Ryu's special-move-dependent existence.

Chun Li sucks. I hated all the cheap-ass Chun Li players who'd bounce around and slap you with a thousand little jabs until you either lost, or got supremely frustrated, or both. Fags.

10. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Chun Li sucks. I hated all the cheap-ass Chun Li players who'd bounce around and slap you with a thousand little jabs until you either lost, or got supremely frustrated, or both. Fags.
    That was me. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

I fucking love when cosplay nerdettes fully commit and wear the skanky thongs and shit with their outfits. So much win there.

At any rate, I was a Ryu kind of guy. He always struck me as having a fairly difficult learning curve, but could theoretically have been the best character in the game when mastered. I did not master him. My greatest enemy was the occasional unresponsive/sticky joystick, which was the bane of Ryu's special-move-dependent existence.

Nah- when you first started playing people spammed the shit of hadokens with Ryu was the real bullshit.

12. Dedalus

Dedalus Senior member

The 'guru' at my local arcade did the coolest shit with Ryu/Ken and some weird game glitches with Guile. So I played those characters.

13. javyn

javyn Senior member

That was me. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sakura was way more bitchmade in that regard heh

14. whiteslashasian

God with the Mk threak, this, and Mario Kart I am beginning to think all of you are like 18. For the last time, M Bison was not playable in SSF2.

SSF2 or SF2?

Better get your shit straight son [​IMG]

True he wasn't playable in the original SF2 (only an NPC boss) as your title states, so that's my bad. My buddy had a later edition (Turbo?) that had Bison, which was the bulk of my Street Fighter playing.

15. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

SSF2 or SF2?

Better get your shit straight son [​IMG]

True he wasn't playable in the original SF2 (only an NPC boss) as your title states, so that's my bad. My buddy had a later edition (Turbo?) that had Bison, which was the bulk of my Street Fighter playing.

I was under the impression that SSF2 did not have M Bison as a PC? Only the Turbos or whatnot that came after...I could be wrong though.

16. whiteslashasian

I was under the impression that SSF2 did not have M Bison as a PC? Only the Turbos or whatnot that came after...I could be wrong though.

I believe the original SFII was the ONLY edition to not have Bison as a PC.

From Wiki [​IMG]

I don't exactly recall, but I'd imagine you'd have to beat the game (Bison) in order to "unlock" Bison as a playable; generally how shit goes down in those games.

17. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

Yeah, Champion Edition introduced Bison, Vega, Balrog, and Sagat as PCs.

Balrog kinda sucked, but every once in awhile, I came across a wizard/master type at the arcade who could own some shit with him. Vega I never really got the hang of; he always seemed a lot more fun in theory than in praxis. Bison was a n00b's wet dream, but he kind of sucked against anyone halfway skilled. Sagat was the shit. Sort of like a more powerful Ryu/Ken with longer reach (a bit slower, though, which ultimately made Ryu a tiny bit better in most situations, IMO). But Sagat's flying knee attack was so much win.

18. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Cuz I'm feelin' early 90s 2nite. And pugnacious. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ryu for me. But I'm convinced you anglo-loving cockfagzz will push Guile and Kendoll to the top of the list.

This man was a fortress! 1 Air Slam, 1 Back Breaker from Mid Air, 1 Suplex + an insane uppercut and flash kick. Jumping into an attack on him is not advised.

19. Dedalus

Dedalus Senior member

This man was a fortress! 1 Air Slam, 1 Back Breaker from Mid Air, 1 Suplex + an insane uppercut and flash kick. Jumping into an attack on him is not advised.
    Found the Guile glitches: http://old.jasongordon.com/static/sf2/guile.html You could seriously piss someone off with these. And Ken > Ryu for the dragon punch and tumbling kick throw, imo.

20. javyn

javyn Senior member

Which character takes the most skill to play? The best SF player I ever saw in my life was at the college arcade. He used Zangief V-Ism in SFA3 exclusively and the guy was unbeatable.