• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF thread themes you like most

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
Vote...

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Voted "other."

My favorite, time-honored theme has got to be "Looking for advice on a choice I've already made up my mind about -- a fact that I'll slowly reveal by pushing back agaist anything you suggest."

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
all of the options. BTW it should be SF gods, not residents

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
Voted "other."

My favorite, time-honored theme has got to be "Looking for advice on a choice I've already made up my mind about -- a fact that I'll slowly reveal by pushing back agaist anything you suggest."

This.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The more personal threads are the best ones because common sense is often the first casualty of such threads..

Tempers are running high and normally civile exchanges are replaced by rantings..

Can be amusing at times..

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
other: i love the thrift/discount store thread. i like how people post kenneth cole and bill bass ties they got for $5 and expect a round of applause.

almost forget the best gif thread...

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm yet to get tired of looking at reasons not to buy a black suit.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackhood
I'm yet to get tired of looking at reasons not to buy a black suit.

Or reasons to wear brown shoes with navy or grey suits .

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Or reasons to wear brown shoes with navy or grey suits .

It's funny to note how much SF loves brown shoes, and how much the IRL world hates them. Granted, the IRL world is chock full of dopes and philistines, but hey, you've actually got to live amongst those dopes and philistines. It can be an interesting compromise between iGent idealism and IRL dystopianism.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Voted "other."

Originally Posted by davesmith
other: i love the thrift/discount store thread. i like how people post kenneth cole and bill bass ties they got for $5 and expect a round of applause.

Pretty much lolled at both of these.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would add the pattern of:

"Where can I get X, seen here being worn by random celebrity?"

Followed almost exclusively by an image of a celebrity where the item in question is a generic leather jacket, sandals, or Ray Bans.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Smoking suit pictures and fit questions.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's funny to note how much SF loves brown shoes, and how much the IRL world hates them. Granted, the IRL world is chock full of dopes and philistines, but hey, you've actually got to live amongst those dopes and philistines. It can be an interesting compromise between iGent idealism and IRL dystopianism.

I get called out on this a lot. I simply rationalise it to people as the Italians wont wear black before 6pm, and they normally back off. In many instances it has sparked some nice conversations about style. I am aware that the black-rule is actually for cloth, but no one else needs to know that.

VelvetGreen

Reaction score
'Hello everybody. I've been lurking for years and read every thread and learned so much and just wanted to ask if black socks are ok'. And iterations thereof.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the ones that provide either thought provoking conversation, good style insights or lulz.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads