• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Seattle billiards/booze tour

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Maybe we should all just get together for a
Collection of Alcoholic Excellence show...

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim

OK. I've never been to Seattle but if its for Beer then I'll be there. BTW try Val Dieu, its the best I've had, triple or blonde of the abbey brews.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
I think Fin Du Monde, Maudite and all other beers of that kind are brewed in Quebec man...
Well aware of that, man. I mean Belgian-style and not actually Belgian-made. If you like La Fin du Monde you will certainly like La Chouffe as well. It is a Belgian-made pale ale, same genre as La Fin du Monde. Unibroue is my absolute favorite North American producer followed by Avery (Colorado). I haven't decided how I feel about Allagash (Maine) yet; I did not like their Curieux (a tripel aged in bourbon barrels) though it's highly rated on Beer Advocate. Yes, Collection of Alcohol Excellence. We can join up with the scotch drinkers, too.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Well aware of that, man. I mean Belgian-style and not actually Belgian-made.

If you like La Fin du Monde you will certainly like La Chouffe as well. It is a Belgian-made pale ale, same genre as La Fin du Monde.

Unibroue is my absolute favorite North American producer followed by Avery (Colorado). I haven't decided how I feel about Allagash (Maine) yet; I did not like their Curieux (a tripel aged in bourbon barrels) though it's highly rated on Beer Advocate.

Yes, Collection of Alcohol Excellence. We can join up with the scotch drinkers, too.

I hated the stuff ever since I tried it many years ago at Domaine Forget... people used Maudite to get drunk quick, since it was the strongest thing you could get at the variety store.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, too bad I missed this thread. Last Friday I was at this wine bar called Purple in downtown. 4th ave and University IIRC. I highly recommend it, the food and service were very good as well.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score

I'd be willing to give up a weekend of my sobriety for that
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oy, Ill be in Seattle the first weekend of April. Yeah, the same weekend of Sakura Con, I am going to go to an old 86 chasis Corolla Meet/BBQ. Maybe Ill go to the anime thing just to laugh at all the jerks. I figure if I roll my sleves, wear a bandana, backpack, and dont shower for a week I should fit right in!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
Oy, Ill be in Seattle the first weekend of April. Yeah, the same weekend of Sakura Con, I am going to go to an old 86 chasis Corolla Meet/BBQ. Maybe Ill go to the anime thing just to laugh at all the jerks. I figure if I roll my sleves, wear a bandana, backpack, and dont shower for a week I should fit right in!

Bring some $$$. The Nordstrom Rack in Bellevue has about 50 pairs of shoes that are screaming your name for less than $60

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
****! You better believe it!
What are we talkin? Pointy Toes and long as ****? If so I am so there, the rack in my town only has ****** square toes and Suede fake "Gators" *shudders*

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
****! You better believe it! What are we talkin? Pointy Toes and long as ****? If so I am so there, the rack in my town only has ****** square toes and Suede fake "Gators" *shudders*
bunch of Robert Wayne and some Mark Nason I'm pretty sure I saw both these:
_5333031.jpg
and these:
_5333033.jpg
for less than $60. There were plenty more, different colors/styles, etc. But every single one I looked at was like $55 Maybe they aren't your thing, but for $55 - $59 it might be worth looking around.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, our place never gets Mark Nason. At that price though, Im sure I could find something I like. I dont dig on square toes all that much, those top ones look just funky enough that it would go well with my "Host" look I plan to someday achieve (like before I go to Japan, I think nothing would surprise Yumi more than me looking like a man whore when I step off the plane. Deffinately would be fun)

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
bunch of Robert Wayne and some Mark Nason

I'm pretty sure I saw both these:

_5333031.jpg

and these:

_5333033.jpg

for less than $60. There were plenty more, different colors/styles, etc. But every single one I looked at was like $55

Maybe they aren't your thing, but for $55 - $59 it might be worth looking around.

Until now, I thought Berluti was the only company producing frankenstein shoes... Those make Berluti look UCD!

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Rack downtown has a pair of Allen-Edmonds for like $50. Too bad Im broke til Thursday.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JesseJB
The Rack downtown has a pair of Allen-Edmonds for like $50. Too bad Im broke til Thursday.

Jesus f'ing Christ, Jesse, you're broke 'til Thursday and you're still contemplating taking your cheating ex to dinner?
laugh.gif

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Jesus f'ing Christ, Jesse, you're broke 'til Thursday and you're still contemplating taking your cheating ex to dinner?
laugh.gif

LOL Im going out with her Friday night! I told her I was taking her a place that runs about $30/plate but jokes on her because I just made reservations at a $9/plate dive. This should be fun. Unless she finds that charming!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads