SF NYC Meetup Dicussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by GraphicNovelty, Jan 5, 2011.

1. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

am i too much of a noob to join all you sf hard hitters

not as long as you buy the first 2 rounds!

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I'm arriving on the evening of the 16th, and will be there until the 19th. We are staying at the Ace.
    The Styleforum editorial team - me, Albert (Whodini), Pete (shore) and Jian (I never remember Jian's username) will be there covering Capsule and various other showrooms and venues for the next 2 and a half days, and we may or may not have too much time to play, but hey, people gotta eat, right?

Anyone who has ever professed to be a baller, or argued about it, you fuckers owe me dinner and drinks at the Breslin on Sunday night - and after a full day travelling from Idaho, I will be hungry. Anyway, if we have a big, committed group, I suppose that we can arrange for a table on Sunday night. I propose that we have a $20 deposit (paypal would work) as well, so that people actually show. No shows would get to feed other people.

The place is going to be crawling with fashion industry people, which usually means a lot of scruffy dudes and some better looking girls.

3. Desi

Desi Senior member

hm, i may take the days off and end up there during the 18th-19th. Since getting a Baltimore meetup is borderline impossible anyway.

4. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

I'm in. I'm not paying for your dinner Fok.

5. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

If it is at the Ace I'm game, but I'm not buying drinks for anyone other than myself. The 19th would work for me, I work anywhere from 8-8 to 8-6, m-f. Would be free weekends too, you name it.

6. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i am in, drinks and apps are on me but i need a weeknight. cannot do a sunday.

I'm arriving on the evening of the 16th, and will be there until the 19th. We are staying at the Ace.
    The Styleforum editorial team - me, Albert (Whodini), Pete (shore) and Jian (I never remember Jian's username) will be there covering Capsule and various other showrooms and venues for the next 2 and a half days, and we may or may not have too much time to play, but hey, people gotta eat, right?

Anyone who has ever professed to be a baller, or argued about it, you fuckers owe me dinner and drinks at the Breslin on Sunday night - and after a full day travelling from Idaho, I will be hungry. Anyway, if we have a big, committed group, I suppose that we can arrange for a table on Sunday night. I propose that we have a $20 deposit (paypal would work) as well, so that people actually show. No shows would get to feed other people.

The place is going to be crawling with fashion industry people, which usually means a lot of scruffy dudes and some better looking girls.

7. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

are you going?? shit. i may actually have to go now. uncontrol's presence may be motivation enough to lie to my new gf and say im going shopping as cover for hanging out with a bunch of internet "friends"

i would go but it seems this is gonna be this month and i'm there next month. too bad

8. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

I'll be there in spirit [​IMG]

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

i am in, drinks and apps are on me but i need a weeknight. cannot do a sunday.

Totally understand, being a family man myself. Besides, I'm sure that I'll only be partially coherent on Sunday. How about Monday night then (the 17th)? We will be knackered from work, and if Albert gets too drunk to go to Brooklyn to take pictures the next morning, I will "Natanize" him. Ask Natan what that means.

10. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Obviously this doesn't work for the days everyone else has mentioned so far but I'll be in the city from the 8th to the 12th or so. Hit me if you want to get lunch or go to Uniqlo or something.

11. facebookdigg123

facebookdigg123 Senior member

12. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

shit..3 day wkend and i will be tied up that mon so it does not wk for me...

13. Lane

Lane Senior member

i would love to meet up with you guys

nothing better than trolling you guys irl

lmao, please go

14. Sabrosa

Sabrosa Senior member

Totally understand, being a family man myself. Besides, I'm sure that I'll only be partially coherent on Sunday. How about Monday night then (the 17th)? We will be knackered from work, and if Albert gets too drunk to go to Brooklyn to take pictures the next morning, I will "Natanize" him. Ask Natan what that means.

See, I think I may have a slightly different definition of what being "Natanized" means. In my experience, it refers to when someone gets embarrassingly drunk, dances the night away with a cougar and then asks to sleep on the floor of your hotel room.

15. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

So what is the exact date that everyone is meeting? Will be good to see Kunk and Fok again, as well as meet the others.