• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF NYC Meetup Dicussion

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blake
not to change the subject, but I am so sorry I could not make the meetup. I was looking forward to seeing everyone. Next time for sure.......

Well, I'll be in passing through Portland in March on my way to the Bay Area, so, you had better be at the store, or I'll steal all of your RRL, rather than just half.

blake

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
let me know when you know the dates. I do have a market in LA in march, but I will try hard to be here for you. and to chase down the RRL you are trying to steal. We have a lot coming and probably a lot more in the future. We just had a meeting about putting a small RRL shop in here for next fall......

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Blake,
Are you going to Vegas?? I would like to set up an appointment.

Fok,

You are right. I am not Thom Browne. I don't want to be. However Thom Browne equates a lot of his success to our guy. He has helped Thom in many ways to make Thom fulfill his vision.
Like most people if I wanted a M.Greenfield suit I would go to him directly.
Be honest how often has the fit of Bands suits been off? A lot. How often has a suit from Martin been off , probably in our lifetime , never. That's a problem.
My guy would NEVER let that happen and for someone like me and my size that means a lot.

Best,
Mauro

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
albert and I had quality time, that's all that matters
I got "just thick enough"'s digits but she said she'd never step foot on the LIRR even if it was to see my new nine-bedroom home.
ffffuuuu.gif
Originally Posted by gdl203
Not exactly, but I can see how your douchey brain would remember it that way. I posted that I thought I saw you guys outisde my window, I.e. sitting in front of my building, while I was at home with my 1 year olds. You confirmed that was you indeed and then proceeded to rant about nerds never saying hello IRL, that I'm socially awkward (same crap as here, typical projection stuff). I PMd you to inform you that I was home with my kids and I would obviously not come down and leave them by themselves to say hello to people I don't even know - I wouldn't do that for people I do know either. To which you continued to call me a nerd and a social freak via PM, after I explained that to you. That's how big of an asshole you are. You actually still thought I should have left two toddlers home to come say hi
lol8[1].gif
I'd like to meet Pete though - seems like a good guy.

So to summarize, I'm a douchey asshole who projects his social awkwardness onto others because I sarcastically brought attention to the fact that I found it a bit creepy that a guy I had never previously talked to, met, or seen was compelled to make his first contact with me to be to privately tell me that he recognized and watched me from his apartment. Is that it? I haven't talked to you since you started to overreact to my jokes as if I worked for Child Services but somehow you're going to act like the bigger man a year later by taking pot shots at me out of the blue?
facepalm.gif
Greg (I assume that's your name from what others have said), I apologize if you originally didn't get my humor or mistook my experience-based commentary of larger-than-life internet personas being shams as a direct insult of your character or to your duties as a father. The irony, as Pete has mentioned and as others who know me personally or off the forum might say, is that you really don't know the kind of person I am but had you had found some time that trip (or even this) to have coffee with us or shake my hand, you probably wouldn't be holding a grudge a year later with a kid you only know in font and photo.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
should have used "font and foto" for extra dramatization

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
That's where you are wrong. I have found a shop that is better, for me and my product. It's more hands on. martin greenfield doesn't make patterns or sew, now. The tailor that owns this shop does. He still works on the floor everyday. He is just as old as greenfield. He has been at the cutting table every time I have been there. He talks to me and makes my ideas possible. I have a relationship with my house that I trust and and value. I speak to my Guy every time I visit the factory. I have spoke to "Greenfield" himself. He was a nice guy but he didn't go out of the way for me like my guy does. The cool thing is he does that for ALL of his clients. Me, Thom Browne, Billy Reid, and the MTM clients he has. That goes along way.

You say "greenfield is the best" but I interviewed 5 factories. All saying they were better than the other. Everyone showed me their work and made garments for me. In the end the place I use was the best. The cleanest fit. The most open to ideas and change. The most hand work. The most willing to work with me.
What makes 'greenfield" better, Honestly. I know A LOT about making suits and what makes one better than another one. So please tell me what makes "Greenfield" the best. I also know the CMT charges for all the factories that are worth anything I know the Al la cart menu as well as what makes a bespoke , MTM, or RTW suit cost what it does.I don't want to start an argument. I just feel for me the house I use is the best fit. I respect "greenfield" and his sons. They are all good people and have done a lot for a lot of people.

I'm not saying Greenfield doesn't make a good suit ,he does. He makes a really nice suit among other things. However until you go and have a garment made by several of the "BEST" tailoring houses in the states don't just go by what you hear.

Please do think I am coming off but being a know it all. It's just I have been spending a lot of time researching, studying, and even making suits. I just want everyone's opinion to be educated.

That's fair, right?

So, no hate but I'm seriously curious: If he's so great, what's with all of the ****-ups in the production of your products?

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this thread never ceases to deliver.
laugh.gif

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
On a less cheerful note, I'm pretty sure I have an ulcer
ffffuuuu.gif

Way to go, you jerks!

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so is there going to be a fight outside Uniqlo anytime soon?

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
eason,

wtf!?! the ONLY thing that was fucked was the crate horror. which in the end was successful in a many ways.
The people who I am referring to only make my suits. You haven't seen them. SO i don't know where this questions stems from.

Martin Greenfield makes suits and top coats. That is all. My suit factory only makes suits and top coats.

I have my denim being made in Kentucky , now. I have my shirts ( amazing) made in NYC.
I have my sweats and other things made in the mid-west and NYC.

What I think people need to understand is EVERYONE makes mistakes in the fashion industry and EVERYONE unless they own a factory uses multiple factory's for production.

The redemption jean will set the denim issues straight. The crate tragedy is and proably always be in the back of my mind. I won't go down that road ever again.

As for My guy vs greenfield I have more flexabilty to do the things I need to do with him. He has helped Thom Browne and He is helping me, now.
Maybe you and the others will cough up 3,600.00 so that you can purchase a suit from me and greenfield then you can determine who makes the better suit.

I have no interst in hyping anything up anymore. I make a REALLY good product and a very good price. People will have to buy it an examine it. Try it on and feel it. The" crate days" of hype are over.
My oxfords, tees, chinos, sweats have and will speak for themselves.
My suits will hang next to Rag and Bone and BoO and if you know anything about suiting you will see why my price is what is .

I am not being a dick and don't think you are attacking me but the whole crate issues was out of my hands and I was burned. I will never do that to myself or customers again.
I hope you are a customer of mine and if not I hope one day to be.

Best,
Mauro

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mauro - when are we going to see pictures of these suits, man? I'm interested to see what they look like. What prompted you to go into the suits business btw? Can you give us some indication of what separates your suit/pattern from others? Details, proportions, fabrics...? Thanks

PS: maybe this is better for a separate thread

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
I suggest we schedule a StyleForum meetup to check out the WvG suits.
Graphic Novelty, would you like to do the honors of planning?

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe you and the others will cough up 3,600.00 so that you can purchase a suit from me and greenfield then you can determine who makes the better suit.
how much are you selling suits for? $3,600? Or is that the cost of a mauro suit and a greenfield suit combined?

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
eason,

wtf!?! the ONLY thing that was fucked was the crate horror.

Originally Posted by naaaaate
OKAY so we are just now find out the factory '*********** pooch' sizes xs-xxl of our After-Diner shirting because of a design oversight and allbody please -CALM DOWN-. now what happen is that there are no "hand holes" at the ends of each sleeve and both sleeves connect to each one another at the end to make an O shape like an ouroboros but if you do not need hands to do anything it Not Gonna Be a Big Deal No Way Jose. you guys are LUCKY DUCKY this was only one of the "design mixup" that were left in my pattern by the iguana I hired on as Official Wolf Vs Ghost Pattermaker. there is another. And the other is the bonus third sleeve that comes out the middle of the back of the shirt which DOES have hand hole for arm so if you need to use your 'fingly dinglies' for anything you pull arm out of normal sleeve and put it through that back sleeve and it's all good "in the hood". we've charged everyone's credit cards and just now shipped the shirts. i have already gotten lots of compliments on my shirt i think you guys are gonna think these are KEEN and are the BEAST KNEES!

oh and p-s: TOTEHOLDERS YOU KNOW THE DRILL BUT HERE IS A DIFFERENT DRILL YOU SHOULD KNOW after last weeks grisly events of surrounding our buddy RandmoKoreaDude my lawyer has asked me to Tell It Like It Is to you dudes that please be careful as we just found out the zipper pull on our the totes were smelted down from an Artefact Of UNspeakable Ancient Evil and you need to take yr totes to a some kind of high level cleric and get a circle of protection cast upon it so you don't get banished eternally to the Abyssal Realm of Tartarus like what happen to RKD

best mauro

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 90 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads