1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SF NYC Meetup Dicussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by GraphicNovelty, Jan 5, 2011.

1. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

are we really paying for a brand or quality here? I wouldn't spend $2k on a OTR suit when I can get one done MTM for far less. Shouldn't we be more worried about the tailor?

do aesthetics not value in for you or something

2. DLester

DLester Senior member

I hate to defend that guy like this but after seeing all those words typed out it's strange that you wouldn't just spend the time to read what he said instead. it's pretty obvious that the $3600 he mentioned includes the price of one of his suits and some other MG suit. "Maybe you and the others will cough up 3,600.00 so that you can purchase a suit from me and greenfield then you can determine who makes the better suit."
    No, it wasn't obvious. It was ambiguous, which is why I asked for an explanation.
    Ok I have an honest question about the WvG suits. .....
    I had basically the same questions but was going to get to them once I could find out what he was charging. It is going to be a massive challenge for a relatively unknown brand to sell more than a handful of suits for over $1,000 each, let alone $3,600 (or $2,000 or whatever he plans to charge).

3. colins

colins Senior member

I would just like to thank everyone who contributed to this thread and the failed meetup--a week later and it's still the funniest shit I have seen.

4. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

why woul;d anyone go into suit making now? there is a suit to fit virtually everyone in the world in every fabric imaginable already.

5. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

My family is from that area, grandparents are still right in White Plains. Up there a decent amount.

What uppppp?

6. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

So, when's the next meet-up?

7. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

sufu burger night tomorrow, some can pm me for details.