• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Music Club, Take Two - The Albums

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Good work mate ... hopefully this will take off

TheIdler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, an actual,
ffffuuuu.gif
nctioning list! Thank you. To quote from the album I might post, "Nothing's gonna stop us now."

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many thanks to Milosz and Dedalus for getting this rolling again. Looking forward to the new album, which I'll snag later tonight.

phildo

Reaction score
i commented in the old thread and wasnt added to the new list!

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Consider yourself added. Anyone else I missed (I just went through the old thread and wrote down names, quick-like), I'll do the same.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel bad but thanks for doing this. I always do something on the weekends so I just end up not getting to it.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woooo!
biggrin.gif
TGPlastic there is a lot riding on your timely submission D:

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
PMed TGPlastic
TGPlastic - 2/19....ok too late. Next on deck: thats.mana - 2/26 appolyon - 3/5 PMed them all....

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm here, I'll give it until Saturday afternoon.

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, Here's the album

Soil & "Pimp" Sessions- Pimp of the Year
pimpoftheyearf.jpg

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

From Wki
"Soil & "Pimp" Sessions is an energetic Japanese club jazz band that have started to receive international recognition. The band consists of six members: Shacho ("agitator"), Tabu Zombie (trumpet), Motoharu (sax), Josei (keyboards), Akita Goldman (double bass) and Midorin (drums)."

The only reason I posted this album and not the first or newest release is because I've been listening to it lately. Hopefully you guys enjoy it too. And let me know if your having trouble finding it.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thats.mana
OK, Here's the album

Soil & "Pimp" Sessions- Pimp of the Year
pimpoftheyearf.jpg

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

From Wki
"Soil & "Pimp" Sessions is an energetic Japanese club jazz band that have started to receive international recognition. The band consists of six members: Shacho ("agitator"), Tabu Zombie (trumpet), Motoharu (sax), Josei (keyboards), Akita Goldman (double bass) and Midorin (drums)."

The only reason I posted this album and not the first or newest release is because I've been listening to it lately. Hopefully you guys enjoy it too. And let me know if your having trouble finding it.

I don't know much about jazz, so I don't have much to say except that I am really digging this stuff. I don't know if I'm just racist or if my comparisons are legitimate, but this sounds like the kind of stuff Nujabes or Fantastic Plastic Machine would sample. But damn it, I love Japanese clothing, food, hip hop/soul/dancing, and now jazz.

I feel like such otaku *^_^

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Pretty much the only similar stuff I've listened to is The Seatbelts, which is, IMO, a more diverse and experimental sound. I actually liked it a lot, but I kept wishing that there'd be a softer more bluesy counterpoint on occasion.

I suppose that fundimentally, this could be a different category of music than what I'm talking about. I'm not educated enough to know really what the differences are between band A and band B are in this realm of music - but this is definitely enjoyable and listenable for the most part. Eventually my ears get tired of saxaphone/horn solos, and at that point, I turn it off.

Wallcloud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not an actively listed contributor (yet), but I will be following along. Where are you guys getting these albums? I would love to be able to hear the whole thing without buying it on I Tunes every week.

About this weeks album. I really like what you have posted thats.mana. Very interesting to hear another cultures take on jazz. I find alot of the recent American stuff to be dreary. Its all either ridiculously modern or artsy and pretentious. This band has a pretty fresh and original sound. I like all the horn and sax solos. I like my jazz too be a little grating.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads