1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SF Meetup in Brisbane, Australia

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Journeyman, Sep 23, 2011.

What day/date suits for a Brisbane SF get-together?

1. Thursday, October 6th

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Friday, October 7th

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Thursday, October 13th

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Friday, October 14th

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Maccimus

Maccimus Senior member

Too bad. I left Brisbane yesterday...Had a nice holiday in Airlie Beach.:slayer:

2. Jean-Baptiste

Jean-Baptiste Member

Which one of you was wearing the watch that I couldn't take my eyes off? PM me please! :D

3. lukeiwalker

lukeiwalker Member

I was mortally offended by Howard's trousers. It was indicative of his general attitude.

4. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree - red trousers are an acknowledged sign of insouciance, immaturity, over-confidence and a general disrespect for authority and for the possible opinions of others!

By the way, as I mentioned last night, Voxsartoria has a blog. Click here for a link.

5. elvish

elvish Senior member

i hope it was good; apologies i didn't make it.

i don't frequent this place too often anymore but bumped into neyus and he mentioned it... (if you're reading i hope my shoes are almost finished :satisfied:)

are the majority CBD workers i.e a lunch can be done next time? unless of course it's also open to partners in which case a dinner is probably best.

cheers
    k

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  6. lukeiwalker

lukeiwalker Member

7. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Elvish, a few of us regularly get together for lunch every few weeks so I'll drop you a line next time we're planning on meeting up to see if you are free.

By the way, given that we are all Brisbane members here, people might be interested in a post that I just made in the Australian members thread:

8. ruzzi

ruzzi Senior member

whats happening in brisbane. anyone tried herringboan mto?

9. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Hi, Ruzzi.

I haven't tried Herringbone's MTO suits as the block/style doesn't really appeal to me. Also, Deer Style have made me few suits with which I am very happy so I haven't looked into Herringbone as much as I used to.

Herringbone do have some lovely Scabal fabrics on offer for the suits but unfortunately the block that they are using is not the standard HB block.

Four or five of us Brisbaneites have been meeting up for lunch regularly - let me know if you are interested and I'll let you know the next time we get together.