• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF "Lottery"

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
With all this talk of the douchebag contest lately-- I figure we should just have a "lottery" of sorts where we just ban someone because...now seems like a good time to ban someone. It will make for interesting conversation and hopefully the quality of posts will improve after we sacrifice a troll to the banning gods.

What do people think?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The only question in my mind is whether the biggest douche will come back and preside over the festivities.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
The only question in my mind is whether the biggest douche will come back and preside over the festivities.

I have to say that would be pretty amazing.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So that the mob could rule? I say no to that. Let free speech reign. The dictatorship of the mods is enough for me. No need to add the mob to that dictatorship.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the proper term--if someone is to be exiled by popular vote--would be "ostracism" (or maybe "attainder"). "Lottery" implies a game of chance, which I don't think is meant here.

I know of no-one in SF who achieved the level of tendentious obnoxiousness achieved by "Cruiser" over in Andyland in the recent past. Him I certainly would have voted to ostracize.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
I think the proper term--if someone is to be exiled by popular vote--would be "ostracism" (or maybe "attainder"). "Lottery" implies a game of chance, which I don't think is meant here. I know of no-one in SF who achieved the level of tendentious obnoxiousness achieved by "Cruiser" over in Andyland in the recent past. Him I certainly would have voted to ostracize.
No, no, I WOULD be in favor of some element of chance (as you will see in my reference to wikipedia). Although ostracism might be cool too-- I would create a list of Douche's and then we pull a name out of a hat and BANNED!

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
I think the proper term--if someone is to be exiled by popular vote--would be "ostracism" (or maybe "attainder"). "Lottery" implies a game of chance, which I don't think is meant here.

I know of no-one in SF who achieved the level of tendentious obnoxiousness achieved by "Cruiser" over in Andyland in the recent past. Him I certainly would have voted to ostracize.

Cruiser, that bane of sartorialism.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see the point. We don't have a large unruly community. If someone bothers you that much, click their username->View User Profile->Add Username to Your Ignore list.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedalus
I don't see the point. We don't have a large unruly community. If someone bothers you that much, click their username->View User Profile->Add Username to Your Ignore list.

So uncreative.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTGuy
So uncreative.

Plus it's silent.

Unless we all are like RJMan and everytime the person we are ignoring posts, write underneath "Man I love that ignore function" or something along those lines lol.... that always makes me laugh!

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedalus
Does that also block their posts, or just PM?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The only thing I have to say at this time is that any contest that encourages "campaigning" will have to be shut down.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally, a lottery I could win. I'd probably be a shoe-in for Shirley Jackson's lottery, too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads